sprockets Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How would you texture this?

Joe Gamblin

Hey people. I need help with a project in V 10.5

I got an idea of trying to make an animation that looks like a child's drawing with stick figures and such, and I was wondering how you guys think I should do the surfaces. The idea for the project is that I was going to start it with a zoom in of a simple drawing on a fridge door.

The premise of the movie is a stick figure action blockbuster with a ton of stick figure fight scenes, car chases, and the like. I got the idea from an old Mtv short called Stick Figure Theatre on the show Liquid Television.

So when the picture starts to move it's all in 3D. Most of the models that I've made The problem is that I want to do it with the toon render to get the black outlines, but I want the surface to look like it was colored with a crayon - just like a kid's coloring book. So should I go with decals or procedural materials? Also, I want to achieve the depth of field with perspective, not with shading. I'd like for the shadows to be flat black to get that crisp edge look such as in Frank Millar's work (Sin City). Has anyone else tried anything like this so I can see how they handled it?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic