sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

looking for ice/glass tut

ccmsteach

I am looking for a tutorial on ice, but I was not able to find anything. Would it be the same thing as glass? If so, would you point toward some good resources: tutorials and available materials.

Also, on a different topic. How do you constrain a bone so that it rotates in only one direction? Such as the knee bone on the Hash model "Eddie".

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I might can only answer you the ice and glass question. It is easy I think. Well here is how I would do it. I would experiment using white as the Specular Colour and adjust the Specular Size to 30%. I would also play with the Diffuse Colour but the importance for Glass and Ice is of course its transparency, so I would set the transparency to almost 100%. The Reflection I would set very high too and I would add some noise or bump but I think in Animation Master it is called something different but similar. I am not on my Animation Master computer so I can only help you so far. You will only notice the ice or glass effect after you render it, so I would render some samples now and again. Try the tutorial for the eyeball, there is a reflective transparent part on it, the cornea or something. The lens of the eyeball. That’s almost like glass, and its an interesting tutorial with many other helpful tutorials. http://www.colins-loft.net/tutorials.html

Hope this was of any use for you. Stick to it, the right answer is always coming when you looking for another one.

Good luck and wish you lots of fun.

Fybs. :rolleyes: