Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Singing Frog Movie WIP

TheWoz

My TV production class is creating an animated short this year for a statewide film contest (FAME for all you Floridians). I figured that I would start this thread to get some useful critiques. The entire short will take place on a small pond where several frogs are going to sing an acapella version of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."

I have finished the Frog characters-

Frog_1.png

This is where I've run into my first dilemma. I absolutly LOVE the way the Darktree shader works on this model- It's perfect. But I applied the material at my house on my Windows machine. My school is running A:M off a MacG5. How would I go about ether burning the material on as a texture or creating a new "Mac friendly" A:M texture that looks close what I have. I think I may need to repost this question in the Materials Lab. forum, but I'm not sure. Anyways, thanks for any input. I'm working on the background and more specifically the water- so expect some future inquires about that.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Matt. First of all, I noticed that your using way too many lights. Use 1 main light and 1 or 2 minor lights with the lights having 2 ray casts 80% shadows and 4x4 muti-sampeling. Materials are the same for all of the OS's because they're just algorithyms. Just save the material, and bring it in seperatly.

Oh, ya, the lighting rig is the Skycast demo (which is awsome), I just haven't been able to completely smooth out the shadows. I think that I may just set the Skycast lights to only be diffuse, than use a shadow light with minimal intensity for the shadows. There are 4 lights total- 2 Skycast, 1 specular bulb and 1 diffuse bulb (light yellow color to offset blue hue).

I don't think that Darksim makes a Mac version of thier Simbiont A:M plugin (which I think you need to use the Darktree materials). Perhaps Enhance A:M? Thier might be a Mac version of that plugin?