Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Putting together an animatic

Hey

I am going to be doing some story boards today and then scan or "film" them with a webcam to get them into my pc, then edit them together w/ my narration in order to have a rough working draft of my film.

As I finish a scene, I am going to splice it into the animatic, til the whole thing is done. I figure this will give me a more concrete idea of what I've got done and how much is left to do rather than try and just animate scenes at random.

What I'm wondering is: what's the best way to put this together? Use something like premiere? I think I have an old version floating around. Can I just scan each image once and then do a hold on it? I really don't want to have to scan something 36 times to do a 3 second hold. Would it be better to import it into AM as a still background and just render out a 3 second sequence? Whats the best way to tackle that?

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts anyone has. I don't think I'll get the whole thing cut together today, but I do hope to get my boards done.

thanks

Roger

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiere is a good one for this sort of work. Yes you should be able to hold a frame for however long you want. I say should since I don't know what version you have and what version that support came in, but it can in really early so chances are the version you have will do it. When I putting together my animatics (likeareels ect.) I use Premiere because it's much faster to adjust to get the timing I want and to drop in basic sound since that affects timing.

Hope that helps.

Well I'm pretty sure I have either premiere 3.0 or 4.0.......more likely 4.0.

I started drawing my boards today and I'm a bit bummed out.........I'm really out of practice.

But they're more for me than to look pretty. Still, it would be nice if they looked polished enough to show someone.

Thanks for the tip I will have to go hunting through my pile of stuff.....and hope I still have the serial.