Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Gameboy Advance game using A:M

delaney

I did this earlier in the summer but never thought to post it. It's a concept chess game that introduces the idea of fog of war. In this version you use a single GBA to play a mutiplayer game (sorry, no AI).

http://www.gsddevelopment.com/chessplusplus_final.gba

To run it you have to have a GBA emulator...

http://www.gsddevelopment.com/VisualBoyAdvance.exe

From "gee, let's do a GBA game" and knowing nothing about the hardware to completion took six weeks with only 2 guys working on the whole thing. I did all the art, design and voice acting (yes, even the women).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

COOL!!!

This is something that I am interested in doing with A:M too, can you recommend some sites or books that could help me?

Which part are you interested in? A:M->GBA palleted sprites? Coding for the ARM7? The hell that its sound to GBA?

We basically searched for resource straight from google. The official NOA documentation is a big no no but there are some good groups out there that have basically reverse engineered the whole platform and opened it up to amateurs. First stop will probably be the HAM SDK which include an gcc arm compiler and some neato tools. I must warn you though, you either need to be a C++ coder or working VERY closely with one, this stuff isn't cake. There is no file system, which means all images/sounds/scripts must be converted to headers to be compiled directly into the flash. I love developing for it though, in fact the only reason we stopped in the first place is my buddy Guy took a job at Backbone Entertainment in Emeryville to do GBA programming (hence he can't do it outside of work). So if you are interested in doing a project, let me know! delaney@gsddevelopment.com.

P.S. Love your work man! I'm a big pinup fan.

all of that programming stuff is over my head. I just love playing isometric style games (like diablo), and would love to design and make the elements for something like it. The whole "World of Zandoria" is based on a D&D campaign that I ran years ago...I would just like to develop those ideas into something in A:M.

Unless I can team up with someone, I'm stuck with "The Games Factory" as the limit of what I could do on my own :rolleyes: