sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first model

Good day all!

I'm truly not at the level of the rest of the users but "I've screwed my courage to the sticking post" and put up my first model.

All I have to do now is figure out how to put some bones on it. Hints, suggestions and comments are very much welcome.

The model can be viewed at the following address:

http://www.cmcarts.ca/AM.htm

thanks,

Gaëtan

(now if I can just fiugre out how to put in a smilie!?)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For a first head since 1 week, that's quite good. You note that there are a few errors in the mesh. If you want advises on the mesh, I suggest you post a shaded wireframe. If you plan to address the mesh issue, I also suggest you do that before adding bones and more importantly, poses.

Thanks for the response.

I've put up the shaded mesh version.

While the mesh#1 needs a lot of work, I have figured out how to bone the mouth and the eyebrows. So I can pose the face and see what unwanted deformations are happening.

Just need to figure out how to animate the eyeball mesh as a unit and not as a deformation.

The results of this experiment will all be noted down for the next face.

Thinking in splines as opposed to polygons is certainly different. I'm discovering that with splines I can just go ahead and draw my face instead of trying to create and deform countless polygons.

Thanks again,

Gaëtan