Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Another Constraint Question

ArgleBargle

I've got a bone with a kinematic constraint to a null. After the bone has followed the null, I need to have it let go and continue on an alternate path. However, when I set the enforcement to 0%, I find it popping back to the angle it had when I set enforcement to 100%. I can find no way to key the bone where it is just as I release the constraint. I find myself having to copy and paste the values found in the X, Y and Z rotation values in the properties window. (FWIW, keying the bone essentially does nothing as it records rotations at the time the constraint was enforced, and if you enable compensate mode, the angles all go to 0.)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I sorta answered my own question. I had the force keyframe mapped to a key and totally forgot about shift-clicking the force-keyframe button to come up with the extended dialog where you (sometimes?) have the option "Also add keys equal to constraint results." I didn't see that come up in the training video I watched (it used v13, so I'm not sure why not), but I saw it on mine and used it.

Is there any way to map the dialog version of force-keyframe to a key?