sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

In A:M V13 has Biased normals replaced porcelain?

Glen Crowell

Old time A:M user here,

Has Biased normals replaced porcelain as an option for smoother model surfaces in the current version of A:M? In the old days there was default/normal patch surfaces, which are great for most models, and there was also a Porcelain.mat that would average the surface for smoother surfaces that worked great for some other kinds of models. Maybe a cartoon baby, for example. They were both great and both had advantages and disadvantages. (Don't worry folks, I'm not trying to avoid good modeling technique).

The technical manual says that Biased Normals is now the default. Does that mean there is biased and unbiased rendering available now? Or is biased normals the one and only patch surface rendering mode?

Jim Talbot or other old time users will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Glen

http://gallery.glencrowell.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martin,

Yep, I'm getting pretty close to buying the V13 upgrade. I've been wanting it for quite some time and it looks like some overtime pay will make it happen.

I want to throw my hat in the ring for the TWO project, but I've still got to free up enough time to not let you guys down. Let alone get up to speed with V13.

Thanks for the reply,

Glen