Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to work on one computer, render on another

RoyBU

I am ready to render a scene from my project and it will probably take several days. I thought I would use another computer in my house to do the render so I could keep working on other parts of the project. The two computers are connected by a wireless network. But what is the most efficient way to transfer the project to another computer to render? I tried consolidating the project onto the 2d computer, and all the relevant folders containing the project, images, models, etc. were created, but when I tried to open the project in the 2d computer, it still tried to find the images and models in exactly the same paths as they are stored on the 1st computer. Since consolidate project stores all the info in a directory structure starting with a folder called "C-" (representing the C: drive the project came from) I don't see how to make the directory structure on the 2d computer exactly match. So opening the project on the 2d computer just causes it to complain it can't find any of the data.

There must be a way since I infer from this forum that people collaborate on projects. How is that done?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic