sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

moving bones, then reapplying to model

smbaker

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to adjust a model via it's bone hierarchy, and then apply those changes back to the original model.

In case that doesn't make sense, here's what I'm trying to do. I'm exporting models (via amxtex) for use in a role playing game. One particular model needs to be of a dead body. The body doesn't need to be animated, so I don't need to export an animation, but I do need to move the limbs around to suit the position I want. I also want to add some other static scenary objects to the model before exporting.

Thanks,

Scott

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Scott,

The solution I could find is the following:

Make the same CP-groups of how your bones are attached to the model.

Then in the actionwindow of the particular pose, select such a group (probably in musclemode) then lookup the pivot-point of the group and remember it (ergo. copy to .TXT-file).

Open the copy of the model, select such a CP-group and change the pivot of that group.

Niels.

ps.

I could be totally wrong about this...did not try any of it...

[EDIT] If it really works... Then starting-up two A:M, one with the copy of the .MDL will be faster.

Hello Niels,

It turned out to be simpler than I thought -- what I had to do was to manipulate the bones using an action, and then right-click and select "export" and "export as MDL". That appears to have created a new model with everything positioned the way that I wanted it to be.

Scott