Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Sound problems

rossk

For my mini-movie entry for the contest I've been trying to add several layers of sound. One audio file is for the background ambient noise, one is for footsteps, then a few for other random noises. In the realtime playback of the scene, all of the auido is lined up perfectly, but upon render the audio gets shifted. Secondly, when I try changing the sound volume or changing whether the sound is muted or not... it seems to have absolutely no effect in the realtime or rendered version.

Any help or ideas on how to add sound properly? I've heard about rendering to TGA's and then loading them into quicktime pro to add the audio in there or something... but I would like to do this all in A:M if possible.

Thanks,

--Ross

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend rendering out to targas and then doing the sound in another program to create your final work. I think the TWO movie forum lists the free software that Martin had found. I know that Audacity would allow yoou to mix your sound files with varyiing levels of volume,echo effects, what ever you wanted. I think he also had found a freeware video editor. This will give you excellent control over matching your sounds to your action. It should also let you add titles, etc.

Unless you have some pressing reason to do it all in A:M, do it in whatever is the easiest (especially if you are pressed for time!).

Looking forward to your movie entry!

Scott

PS: Here's the forum topic with the free software link. http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14452

Ross,

Typically in video editors to add audio to video you add another track. If you've brought in your video as one track, then you add your audio as another track. The you position the audio where you want it. I work in Sony Movie Studio, but most of them are the same. If you really get in a bind, do it in Windows Movie Maker! If you're on a Mac then use iMovie. Both are very similar and should be able to do all you want - add audio, ttitles, do fades. Even though WMM will only create a WMV file, I think that would still be acceptable form your submission.

Good Luck,

Scott

Hey,

Thanks again for the help....but I'm still in a bit of a bind. It seems that the audio support in Jahshaka isn't very good currently and I would possibly have to install some other software to be able to access it anyways. I tried checking out Windows Movie Maker, but it doesn't allow you to import TGAs...

It seems like this should be so simple...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

--Ross