sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

HeroLip Sync Test

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, that's unreal!

When I think of the gazillions of bones I had in Woozle's face to try and get some movement. Even then I wasn't at all happy with the flexibility. I love the way his whole face moves. Would you mind explaining in a little more detail how you went about doing this? I use your Cog Joints (and TSM) to rig up the rest of the character but faces are so hard....

Nice shapes, they seem spot on. Though I'd time the extremes a tad (like 1 frame) earlier, they seem to hit right as the sound is made, which reads as a little late, to me.

Hey Peter, thanks for checking it out.

I can understand what you're saying.... I probably won't fuss with the lipsync timing till I hammer out a mouth system I'm happy with.

When I render this final quality, there are some surface issue with the mesh from the distortion boxes....

More test...

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Are you going to do the white/black color changing? I'll be interested in seeing how you go about doing that and what it looks like. Also, if it's a time saver, or one of those things that you *think* is gonna save time and... doesn't in any way save any time no how no where... (a few of my ideas end up like that).

Mike, that's unreal!

When I think of the gazillions of bones I had in Woozle's face to try and get some movement. Even then I wasn't at all happy with the flexibility. I love the way his whole face moves. Would you mind explaining in a little more detail how you went about doing this? I use your Cog Joints (and TSM) to rig up the rest of the character but faces are so hard....

Hey Tiffany, thanks for the reply!

As far as the stuff I did with the face... I used distortion boxes.

I basically grouped part of the face, say upper face to one bone as a child of the head.

Then I attached the other part, say lower face to another bone.

Then I made the distortion boxes(the same one for each bone just mentioned) a property of the model.

Whenever I need it I just turn it on.

I wrote the steps on how to this in a question in the main forum about someone havinga problem with distortion boxes messing up actions.

Just take a peek in there.... let me know if you can't find it.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com