sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

REELizing a shot

I dug up an old shot from a project that eventually moved production overseas. It was only half finished but I liked where it was going (though the director disagreed). Anyway, I wanted to take it to completion. It'll give me a chance to get up to speed on the post 8.5 interface since the last big production I worked on (Day Off the Dead) was all 8.5. I figure I'll document the improvements as I go here. Any and all suggestions, no matter how brutal are welcome.

Here's where it was left in Dec. 1999: shot40c (1.81MB QuickTime)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not my story - it was from "Noz and Schrak (nee Grakk): Alien Abductors" (the links to the production and the studio seem to be down now). In short, aliens land at an old gas station to fill their spaceship tank and a cop pulls up. They talk for a bit, the cop pulls out his gun and then this scene. He blows up and then it goes to this scene -- http://hash.com/users/ed/clips/ns_clip2.mov. I cut some of the dialog out 'cause it was boring (IMO).

GEEZE was Noz and Schrak that long ago?

I actually bid myself out of that project!

Prff, see what one can do to ones self when asking for a fair wage!

But aside from all that Ed, that was really nice work you showed. I've heard they since went to another software package, but I'm not sure if they are even still producing this?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Hey, wow... that's anice clip. Good appearence of thinking in that animation.

So you worked on that with them for awhile and they paid you then they yanked it out of yer grasp halfway done? That seems like a bad idea when you want tocomplete a production...

Any explanation I could give about what happened with/to that production and the folks involved wouldn't do it justice and would probably lead me on a long rant, so I won't get into that aspect at all. I was always paid for my work on time, for whatever that's worth.

I was kinda surprized how long ago it was too when I saw the file dates.