Hash, Inc. Forums

Niomi Campbell (WIP)

sonofpat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Happy New Year Every One,

I am roughing out her texture and this is what I came up with.

I am not very artistic so I need all the suggestions you can give.

BTW her eye lashes are a cookie cut with an alpha channel but the

region of the image with tha alpha channel is not completely

transparent.Any word on this (version 10.5)

Sorry I took so long since the last post but I was very busy.

Luv Pat

post-7-1073034338.jpg

Very clean mesh you have going there!

Just a few suggestions:

Widen the cheekbones a bit more and try to avoid having the sides of the head flatten out too quickly and too much. The ears seem a little big to me. The area from the outside corner of each eye could be pull towards the back a bit more, too. Her mouth curls up in the corners also.

Thanks for posting the wires, it looks very good!

Jim

Hi All,

I'm implementing the changes Jim Talbot suggested to the model. I'm not finished yet, but I can already see the big difference the suggestion has made. The model seems to be taking on some more character as can be seen in the image below. What a difference the touch of the master can make.

Thanks again Jim

Luv Patos

post-7-1073234260.jpg

It seems to me that there are some more work to do with the cheek bone area. It needs to be a little bit lower and more pronounced. Try to find a 3/4 view of Naomi and tweak the cheek bone to match the photo.

Guest noah_brewer

Really looking great!

One thing I might say is that her eyebrows in the photo are bigger, and closer together. But who's to say that she doesn't shave them sometimes?

Great job.

Respectfully,

Noah

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have been a bit busy these days but I managed to tweak her a little.

Hers are the changes

1) Pulled the corners of the eyes back,---Thanks to Jim Talbot.

2) Worked the cheek bone area,---Thanks yeve poissant

I would appreciate some feed back from both of you on these.

3)Tweaked the shape of the inner eyesocket.

4)added the "pink things" to the inner corner of the eyes.

The eyes look quite dead to me how can I get them to sparkle

with life.

Aside from minor tweaks I consider the model complete.

I am focusing on texturing for now.

By the end of january I should have a completely repainted texture, after which

I will do the hair

Here is the latest image of her

That's a beautiful wireframe image! There are a lot of very good things happening in your model like her ears, but I'll just point out the few areas that I would tweak.

Add some thickness to her eyelids. Maybe another spline ring around the eye where the eyelashes come out from to form a ledge where tears can rest on.

The little valley that runs up from the upper lip to the nose is missing.

She looks really good, but her coloring makes her look more like Tyra Banks to me.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm currently caught up with another project that I'm dead-lined for. However, I was able to squeeze some time to work on the texture map. Here's what I've come up with so far. This is just the color map with no bump or spec map. I will add those over the weekend.

Aside from a few minor tweeks on the map itself, I think I'll stick with this one.

I still appreciate any suggestion on how I can improve upon it

A special note to Jim Talbot

- I have not yet gotton around to fixing the eye lids but I'll do so soon. Thank you very much for the suggestion

Luv Patos

post-7-1076692657.jpg

Hi Pat,

Your model is coming along nicely,

The first thing I noticed your eyes are missing is a strong hilight,

I usually set up a bulb light that effects specular just for the purpose of creating a highlight on the eye...

:)

the front view looks good, but the 3/4 view shows mistakes:

directly next to the eyes there shouldnt be as much of a ridge. in the 3/4 view, the eyes edge should have a very thin border to the background.

the cheeckbones need to move forward and outwards.

the cheeck should move in a bit.

check these shots for refrence:

http://www.stephena.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scans/ncamp.jpg

http://media.supereva.it/bellevip/celeb/Na...ll/fash4993.jpg

http://island.site.ne.jp/mjfox/filmo/image/n_campbell.jpg

http://www.123.com/sp/entretenimiento/sect...d_content=88935

take note of the profile on the turned away side of the face. along the lid it moves in towards the eyes edge, then out for the cheekbone, then slightly in for the cheeck again and out for the chin. (your profile moves out at the eye, slightly in at the cheekbone and then straight to the chin)

nice splineage!

EDIT:

huh! didnt see there was a 2nd page to the wip ..

looking a lot better already, but the problem i mentioned above is still there (though not visible as stongly because her ear adds to the profile)

You are being quite shy with specular on the skin, punch it up! Happy shinny people! A low intensity, high size specular map in those oily parts of the face will help. Tone the red down in her skin tone and increase the red in the base model color. The specular color of the base model should go towards blue more.

Your modeling looks great!

Richard

<<

Add some thickness to her eyelids. Maybe another spline ring around the eye where the eyelashes come out from to form a ledge where tears can rest on.

The little valley that runs up from the upper lip to the nose is missing.

me.

Jim

>>>

Finaly got around to making the changes Jim Talbotski suggested and once again

they made abig difference.

Thanks again Jim.

Luv Patos

post-7-1077519244.jpg

• Admin

Smashed a couple of your WIPs into one file because some of the changes are hard to follow as you scroll down the page. Hope I got them in roughly the right order:

naomi1.gif

I'll keep the graphic up as long as possible and edit the link to another graphic if you say the word.

Lookin' Good. I know you may not be there yet but I'd like to see her with some hair... something about bald women... :unsure:

bakerrod

this project is really a self imposed exercise to lift the quality of my models. you see, i have full confidence in my ability as a modeler, but for the other artistic things such as texturing, lighting and composition, I could do with some improvement. this is why i decided to do an animatable virtual creation of a known individual and see how far i can push my texturing skills to the limit. this is because i believe the human body is the most difficult to model and texture. Most of the emhasis would be placed on the face, however since she will be clothed.

In the end, i hope to produce a model with personality and character all of her own. that would be the crown jewel of my 8 years of toil in animation master.

the reason for the recent changes is that the cheek bone in the original model was not accurate, but the old front rotoscope that i was using was not making it easy for me to nail it down, so i had to change it.

attached is an image of both scopes. the new one is on the left.

feel free to update your image sequence anytime.

thanx to all for viewing.

luv patos

post-7-1077624758.jpg

cool, i really like how it's changed from the begging, small changes that over time, have made an important difference. i think maybe a little bumpier might add a touch more realism; perhaps a render lit a little dramatically to show of the features?

why blue eyes?!! regards -- Nixie

thank you chris,

The changes you suggested are already in the "pipeline"

but I do not have as much time now to work on the model as I

did over the weekend (we celebrated carnival in Trinidad and Tobago up tuesday) so thing will go a bit slower now.

However you will see some changes by next week.

Luv Pat

hi all,

just did a quick hair test with naomi using an image mapped hair style. nothing complete yet, obviously it still needs some tweeking. i was so surprised at how good it turned out, thought i would let you all see. in her initial pose, which is based on a photo of her, she'd be wearing a hat so some of the hair would be hidden.

your critiques are always welcomed.

luv, patos.

post-7-1078055022.jpg

smaller lips, white shiny teeth and a big smile would make this a million times better (and that saying a lot considering how good it already is). You could just close her mouth for starters.

Her neck is bothering me a bit too, I suggest some more solid reference of female necks.

Zackt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Here are some shots naomi's body for your comments (warning academic nudity)

I am sorry for taking so long to post but I had a run in with Murphie's Law that took my system down for a while.The ordeal has sapped all my zeal for modeling and texturing so am trying to rig her right now.

I will post some images of a new shoulder setup I am testing over the week end.

Luv Patos.

Here is the front.

post-7-1085564670.jpg