Hash, Inc. Forums

New Texture Plugin

aaver

After some tinkering with the SDK I have come up with something that might be useful to at least someone. :rolleyes:

The plugin has a lot of parameters to tweak and although they have rather informative names I guess it might be hard without any help.

When I find time for it, I'll make some example projects to get you started.

Please note that this is a time limited beta version. When it expires in a couple of months a message will be shown when you start up A:M. The message will stop showing when you uninstall the plugin or upgrade.

Also note that this is a rather simple procedural texture plugin and nothing that is capable of producing photo realistic effects. At least, I don't think so... ;)

If you have any questions or experience any problems with the MultiWave, please let me know.

/Anders

EDIT 1: The plugin has been updated after some minor bug fixes. Those who have already downloaded the plugin are advised to remove it and install the new 0.5.1 version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT 2: The time limitation on this plugin has now been removed.

MultiWave__v._0.5.2_Beta_.zip

Edited by aaver

The plugin has been updated after some minor bug fixes. Those who have already downloaded the plugin are advised to remove it and install the new 0.5.1 version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Anders

• 5 months later...
Hey Aaver!

This is very cool!

I think I could use this a lot. You should get it going!

Thanks Emilio, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "get it going".

It has been available for free for six months now.

Maybe you mean it should be made easier to use and I think I can agree on that :rolleyes:

Maybe I should do a Wink tutorial. (Did you read that seven?)

Thanks Emilio, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "get it going".

It has been available for free for six months now.

Sorry if I didn't express myself in a clear way-

I've just been playing with the material - i find it really great!

But its version is "0.5.2 beta", and it is posted in a six-month old WIP (work in progress) thread, Which makes me conclude that you have plans for it :)

I don't know what are your plans. Making some documentation is a good idea. What I wanted to express is that you made a BRILLIANT tool so far and that you should get it going until you consider it finished, and then take it to its deserved place among the coolest A:M tools, by extending its knowledge to everyone as far as possible, perhaps creating a page of its own, etc, etc...

;D

Cheers,

These two items together would kick some serious arse... well they would on their own too... but together... yeehaa.

I was a little confused myself Aaver...

I think I actually got you two mixed up in my head for a moment there too... I remembered this texture thingy... then I saw Emilio's wave thingy... you're both from exotic foreign lands... (anything more than 100 miles away is foreign and exotic)...

... you know how it is for us poor simple mennonites... all you foreign guys start to look the same... I am easily confused by the musical accents... and strange shapes above the vowels in your names.

;)

Vernön "I wish I was foreign!" Zéhr

Emilio,

When I read your post now when I'm actually awake :rolleyes: , it makes perfect sense - even to me...

Of course you are right. I haven't really got it going with this plugin, have I.

The main reason I haven't is that Multiwave is just the result of some experiments I did in order to get familiar with the texture plugin part of the SDK. When I had learned enough, I played with it for a while an posted some clips to this thread. After that I haven't used it and I almost forgot about it. When I saw your thread, I realised something similar could be done with Multiwave.

I don't know how much further I will go, but I should probably make a tutorial, at least.

what's the difference in the output between Emilio's wave generator and AAver's?

I haven't been able to play with Emilios plugin yet, but I would guess that his waves should be faster to render since they doesn't use displacements.