Hash, Inc. Forums

AV8B harrier

Phil

Phil

That's a nice looking bird you go there m8. The only thing (I am not a harrier expert) is that it only has two exhaust nozzles... I thought the Harrier had four? One minor point, when looking at it from the side view it looks a little stubby. Is it meant to be quite that short?

Thank's for the Encouragement,

-Yes, They do have 4 nozzles. I haven't done the hot nozzles yet. There different than the cold nozzles in the front. Thanks, I was trying for a stubby look to it.

-The nose section is not done yet, it has a glass dome

-Zaryin, no I didn't use porcelin.(alot of tweaking with the Bias handles) I've come a long way thanks to the all the Hash users that have shared there talents and knowledge. :) I salute you all! Thanks

-John, no i hadn't seen this clip, thanks

Bravo, Phil. When I first saw those multiple rectangular holes in the curved air intake surface, my bias tweaking muscles start to twitch involuntarily. :)

Would you please post a wireframe close-up of the region around the intakes? I'm curious how you approached the many Hash patch modeling "challenges" of such a surface.

[ I assume you have no problem with razor sharp edges around the rectangular intake holes. ]

I may try to bevel them at a later time, but for now it seems to do the trick. i still have the lover doors to insert there.

Well, here'a another update of my work on a AV8B harrier

I added the canopy, most of the landing gear. Still need to do the nose gear.

But it's coming along. I was able to rig the gear and doors so i may try to anitmate it once i can work out the way the gear sqashes down and folds the linkage. any comments are welcomed.

av8update.jpg

Oh!, are you trying to make the strut compress automatically? The setup I gave you requires you to translate the lower strut up and down to match the ground. I figured you'd just run it with a set of pose sliders. One for the rotation, and another for the compression.

If I get a chance tonight, I'll see what can be done to make it automatic.

Phil

Yes, i was trying to have it as when the tire touches ground then the strut compresses. The way i have it now is with 3 sliders, one to bring both the outriggers down then one each L and R to compress the gear. I thought it may be easier :blink: to see if i can do the compression as each individual gear touches the ground. as i will have 2 more sets for the main and nose gear.

Sorry If I didnt explain it properly.