Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My personal project WIP

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rodney, thanks for the comment :D. It is a short animation project based on uh... a love poem I wrote heh heh :D. At first it's just a quicky short for my portfolio but after an inspiring shower I decided to go all the way and push my limits. My plan for this is for my portfolio and maybe a few bucks on dvd (I hope ppl would buy :D). I would be pestering you guys with more wips, I hope you don't mind but this is a really great community to learn. Thanks again.

an excellent image!

since i am 'detail oriented' and apparently enjoy typing, i'll mention that it looks like your background rotoscope is loosing a little light in the upper corners of the image. it may have also crept in during your post work.

this could of course be intentional, and i can't imagnie that any non-compulsive folks will notice.. or care. ")

regardless, top-notch modelling and composition!

-jon

the Landscaper!! That shall be your name. You do great work as usual, there are some slight changes that could be made, some variations in the roses, but great work nonetheless.

I like the blur and focal point of your picture.

Please write us a tutorial on how you do this.

GREAT!! WORK!!

the Landscaper!! That shall be your name. You do great work as usual, there are some slight changes that could be made, some variations in the roses, but great work nonetheless.

I like the blur and focal point of your picture.

Please write us a tutorial on how you do this.

GREAT!! WORK!!

Flog!!! thanks for your kind comment. Thanks for yours too Zaryin :) A tut? would love to but I think there's just basic stuffs in there really, modeling, decaling, furs, and oh yeah Emilio Le Roux's sweeper helped me create the grass (thanx Emilio). But if you have questions I'll be more than happy to answer.

This is a new WIP render. I added the uh...weed thingie and more grass.

I still need to fix the things that you guys suggested: the dark top corners, more flowers variations and some noticeable twin grasses. So what else sucks? Do you think the blurred foreground flower is too big and distracting? I want the attention to the two middle flowers. Your comments and critics will be very helpful for me. Thanks again :)

1202_WIP.jpg

That's a big improvement to an already exceptional picture.

I think you are right to have doubts about the big flower in the foreground though.

The eye is naturally drawn to red and the foreground flower is the largest patch of red.

It's a good idea to have something blurred in the foreground to frame and maybe add depth to the picture.

You'd maybe consider replacing it with some greenery which should add depth without drawing attention from the flowers.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi, sorry it took forever for me to reply. Thank you very much for your comment and suggestion hypnomike. I removed the big red foreground flower and replaced it with some greens as you suggested. I will post the new image as soon as I'm done with the lighting.

Hi, Zaryin. Sweeper is a free plug in by emilio le roux. Here's a description from his website "Sweep is a modeling plug-in that extrudes a cross-section along a path."

For details http://www.moscafilms.com.br/emilio/online.../amplugins.html

10.5 version is available here:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7777&hl=sweep

For the grass, I used single splines to "draw" the grass positions and directions.

Created the grass' body and used sweeper plug in and voila I'm done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I want to thank you guys again for your suggestions. You were very helpful. I put the new pic with the finished lighting on the showcase forum. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Critics are very welcome. Thanks again :)

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=10602