Hash, Inc. Forums

Comic Character

frankH

• Admin

You have me intrigued... There are a lot of Comic/Cartoon Characters out of Europe that Americans never get to see.

You'd think the internet would have eliminated that barrier by now.

Gaston looks like s great character and now he looks like a great 3D model.

More please!

Your Gaston is great! What plans do you have for him? Do they perhaps include an insane cat and a vicious depressed seagull? ;)

Gaston is my wifes favorite cartoon, while I'm more into Spirou and the Marsupilami, two other characters drawn by the belgian cartoonist André Franquin.

If you're ever in Brusselles, check out the Comic musem there. Nearby it you can find a 2-3m large statue of Gaston, it's very cool.

Nice model. Just one question, does Gaston have 4 fingers and a thumb? I somehow remember him as only having three.

Ragnar

Hi Frank,

In my country he's known as Guust Flater. Excellent!! Really like the 'working' image. That's entirely his spirit. For an animated short perhaps it's a nice idea to do something with his huge musical instrument [harp]. You know; the one that makes awful noise..

Keep it up. looking cool.

greetz,

Arthur

Very nice modell!

Here is my personal opinion , what could even make this a little bit better.

I would make his shoes a lot bigger , his hair black and more bushy, maybe he lacks a little bit of upper-head there and naturally his bowed back and halfclosed eyes add a lot to the typical "Gastonpose"

;>) Jake

Hey, really cool charakter , what i am missing a bit is that wild hair which he has in the comics ... waaaay cool ... Franquin would have loved it for sure. What i like best is him (Gaston) playing on his selfmade instrument ... here in Germany it is called "Brontosaurophon" ...

Go ahead, keep up the good work!

Heiner