Hash, Inc. Forums

Another Super Hero I'm working on

cfree68f

yep its the swf format.

Some of the Motion capture I have has some rough spots in it. and I still need to tweek the constraints on the rig.. especially in the shoulders and the feet.

It was fun to do and pretty educational. I suggest if you ever have a character that you think is perfect.. hook him up to some bvh motion.. and see where he breaks. Fix that and then he's perfect.

C

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colin,

That's super cool.

If you have to fix some constraints, then the hands need tweak too. They seem to not be in the proper angle in relation to the BVH. Palms are a little too turned inward.

2 more.. which can allready be seen in my avi.. but these are 400x400 Theres something weird going on in his right armpit. Not sure what. Probably some z rotation of something on one of the fan bones. I'll have to go check on that.

http://www.colins-loft.net/free/avatar/drunk.htm

http://www.colins-loft.net/free/avatar/vogue.htm

They are playing slower than realtime do to the large format and Flash's streaming.

C

When are you going to show us something that you modelled, rigged and animated?

Instead of prancing around in front of the camera in your tights you could be learning a thing or two about Animation Master!

But seriously, Colin, that is stunning! I know there are still a couple of cps that are not behaving, (thearm pit, back of the neck and the belt), but on the whole it's perfect!

Impressive! But not intimidating. I'm still going to the mountain! :)

• 1 month later...

Colin: Im working on an Orc figure, but Im having some problems making his arms and belly more...muclely. His torso is ok and his legs are decent, but Im stuck on both arms and belly. I tried to study other models, but my splining keeps... not beeing the way I want :P Any tips or... anything at all?

yeah belly and arms can be tough.

I'll cut out some parts tonight and post them for you to look at up close. Maybe that will help. Or you can just scale them and use them as is.

Give me about 10 or 12 hours and I'll have some posted for you. I'll post here.

C

Love the vogue sequence myself. However, something about the lack of motion in the collar bone steps down the motion for me. I mean the collar bone itself doesn't rotate much--however, it does rotate especially when the arm crosses in front the body.

Love the model and texture. I think the eyes are fine with the full mask--I do have issues when they are with the open eyed mask. What I would do for the eyes is to make them a blind mans eyes. You know the old sage senseis from all those great ::cough:: cheesy ::cough:: kung fu movies. Retina almost the same color as the cornea and the pupil almost real light as well.

And, thanks for all the contributions to the wonderful world of hash...I figured this was as good a place as any to say that.

J