Hash, Inc. Forums

Reviving Slip

dingo

Howdy folks, I decided to revive an old short that I was working on back in 2000 at least that's the oldest renders I found, I think I started it earlier.

With some of the new features in A:M I think it will be easier to accomplish some things. Such as CP Weights, Dynamic Bones, etc. Plus it will help me to get into practice with some of A:M's new features before doing a bigger project.

Anyways here are a couple screen shots and a little pose test anim I did back then. Hopefully I can stay motivated and get it done this time.

ressurect_slip1.jpg

ressurect_slip2.jpg

testing_pose_slip.mov

Great model and pose! Show us more. Will you be using the new hair with him?

Doug

I think that's the first thing I'm gonna redo is his hair.

Then I'm gonna move on to trying to re-rig his bones. And weight his control points.

Got any wireframes? I love the sculpting of his face.

Back then I remember Hash Cloth had just went into effect so I had the notion of modelling his clothes separately. I had some different tests but the cloth was always too loose, so that's something I have to consider if I want try that again with cloth.

After watching the boss in Incredibles, I think I may try Hash cloth again if I can get it to react correctly. Maybe add a crease in his pant legs also(thinking out loud).

Here are a few quick-shades to show his splinage.

slipquick4.jpg

slipquick3.jpg

slipquick2.jpg

slipquick1.jpg

He's a great character, James! Very nice modeling. Did you really model his clothes separately? If so, are you going to use cp weights to avoid penetration?

Keep updating, this is cool.

Jim

Yep modelled his clothes separate, back then I tried using muscle motion to eliminate some the pass through, then also made a seperate model, that had his skin surface as different colors so if it passed through in thos problem areas it wouldn't show. Here's an example of that.

With CP weights I should be able to eliminate that, but I would really like to figure out how to do the cloth sim and get good settings.

The other big thing for me was back then there were no dynamic bones, if you wanted dynamic bones you had to add individual springs and create a spring system. I was always retarded with the spring systems. So can't wait to put dynamic constraint bones in his tuxedo tail.

Here is a clip of a test that I had done testing the cloth on his sleeve. You'll notice the area of his arm is black, I was anticipating that it would be a problem pass through area.

sleevetest.mov

:lol: I don't know why but without clothes on he looks even more of a funny carector to me ,maybe you could do something in your animation ,like a shower or something ,that is one funy carector

It's funny you mention that. In the original story he was in a bathtub. Don't want to give to much away.