Hash, Inc. Forums

The dancing girl

serg2

Fabulous model. Very efficient splinage. You found some interesting splineage solutions there. I especially like your solution for splining the shoulders and the gridlike splines for the breasts which is non traditional but gives you very low patch counts there. Bravo!

• 1 year later...

Going back to the Dancing Girl wireframe for a moment... I see you've used hooks to reduce the complexity of the hand splines down to the complexity of the arm splines. Nothing wrong with that, but...

I would take the splines a little further up the arm to another (extra?) spline ring. Why? Because you might get wrist patches popping in and out as you flex the hand back and forth. By placing the hooks one spline further away from the wrists will minimise that. (I came across this phenomenon and the solution while animating my talking mattress.)

Thanks!

Going back to the Dancing Girl wireframe for a moment... I see you've used hooks to reduce the complexity of the hand splines down to the complexity of the arm splines. Nothing wrong with that, but...

I would take the splines a little further up the arm to another (extra?) spline ring. Why? Because you might get wrist patches popping in and out as you flex the hand back and forth. By placing the hooks one spline further away from the wrists will minimise that. (I came across this phenomenon and the solution while animating my talking mattress.)

Yes - I agree with your remark.

So is this a different model or is it going to be in the same animation as the model from 2004?

It is various models - but first model is the prototype second CyberGirl.

For different rollers.