Hash, Inc. Forums

CSS Hunley

Guest mrsl13

Hello All,

A few years back I modeled the confederate submarine the CSS Hunley (C.L. Hunley) for a Hash image contest, I think it was my first model as well....sense that time the Hunley has been raised from the depths and its actual configurations are known, so I have started a new more acurate model of the Hunley...I also plan on detailing the inside at some point. I've attached a couple images of this WIP below.....far from finished inside or out.

Mike Cossey

post-7-1098837649.jpg

From the info I've found on the net it was "Appx" 40 foot long and 4 foot wide/tall...long and skinny......I'm using an image with front side and top views as a rotoscope then I'll scale it later...I cant seem to scale the rotoscope and keep its aspect ratio....

Mike C

PS as soon as I finish the outside I'll make it available.....its not much and could be modeled better.....

OOOH! I was close! 40 ft. Dang, underbid! :lol:

Keep up the good work, maybe you are going for the documentary animation niche? I think AM would be perfect for that.... anyway. Just brainstorming. You going to animate the first (and last) fateful voyage of the Hunley?