Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Five more

• Hash Fellow

Five more proud last-place finishes from the four-hour Animation Showdown! :P

All in Quicktime Sor3:

Faint (83Kb) An experiment in frame rate.

Jaws of Life (164Kb) Opening something difficult to open.

Mount (103Kb) I've retouched this one substantially since my original entry, mostly to adjust arcs.

My Favorite Toy (183Kb)

Don't Let It Out (123Kb)

You can see my past entries on my Showdown Page.

The Animation Showdown is a weekly challenge to put together a bit of character animation in a short span of time. It happens every Sunday/Monday at DigitalRendering.com>forum>showdowns where you can read all about it and join the fray. :ph34r:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, you have been busy, haven't you.

I think that all of those shorts are brilliant and they show an ability to grasp a concept quickly and translate that idea into expressive motion. Impressive.

Four hours each, eh?

I need to come up with a character that I could put through the paces first but I would like to try this sometime.

Well done, Robcat! :)

• Hash Fellow

Hey guys, thanks for the positive comments!

Are you making a movie?
These are my movies! ;)

No, I don't have a "big idea" that I'm burning to do yet. So, until that shows up, I'm chipping away at my basic animation skills which I think will need to get much better before I make anything that someone has to watch for more than 4 seconds.

I need to come up with a character that I could put through the paces first but I would like to try this sometime.
You don't even need your own character. Most of the entries just use the default skeleton their app has. You could use Thom or Shaggy (something that doesn't drag your real-time display down) and that would be more than enough.

Four hours each, eh?
I should note that I've rerendered all of these for better lighting or anti-aliasing to show here. For the contest I'll usually just enter a hardware render or a 1-pass multi-pass since the motion is the issue and not the rendering.