Hash, Inc. Forums

MMORPG character screen test

Helping a buddy at work with a MMORPG; he needed a character artist so I did a quick test for him. Though I code all day now I loaded the latest version of A:M 04' up and cranked away...

This render is with no materials or decals (just groups)

The concept art

My 12 hour attempt

Hair and the body armor details (ammo pouches, radiator on the back, etc) are coming after some sleep and a stupid protocol problem at work gets resolved.

Hope you like!

~Delaney

{the video is DivX; sorry mac people}

It's for a game called "Caeron 3000" www.caeron3000.com. I've been following this thing for a looong time (at least 4 years).

That looks just like it. I was also going to try and model the Hawkeen, but started doing other things. Yours is great.

I used to go by Xarion on the boards. What's you ID there?

To Zaryin: tscott is a fellow developer i work with. i've only been involved for about 72hours with it so don't even have a sn on the forum. There is a huge push now to ramp up work on the game. In fact I won't be showing much more related to the game till the website is updated. But be happy that its really heating up on the development side. Looks like since I completed the test so fast he might just "give in" to using A:M as the pipline; which makes me very happy. Just have to delve into the A:M SDK and start hacking out an exporter; for now I'm using X files.

To xade: that's what rotoscopes are for ;)

Sweet. I am happy with the ramp up. Although I haven't been posting on the boards I still visit the site every day. If you decide to use A:M as part of the pipeline let Tom know that Xarion's still watching :).

Well looks like I'm not gonna get involved with the project. The agreement he wanted me to sign was horrible and meant all media rights would be his with no promise of hard payment values. So... I have a decent model if anyone wants its B)

Just let me know and I'll post it on my site.

To xade: that's what rotoscopes are for

har har har <_< . :lol:

No really, great stuff! That's a shame though that it didn't turn out right. You could make your own project however. That could be fun. By the way, what is your website? It would be great to look at more of your work.

To KenH: With the attitude that the developer has I don't want to even deal with even a "fan art" version of the model. If you want it, have fun but including it on a CD of a commercial product brings headaches even if the copyright is mine alone.

To xade: My website is http://www.gsddevelopment.com. Not much there but there is a chess game for the GameBoyAdvance that was done in less than 6 weeks.