Hash, Inc. Forums

CNTZ WIP's

That's a nice project you've got there. And you're on a very good start. Your clips are fun to watch. I especially enjoyed the first one. Good timing to the music. Good variety of character design too. They are all well typed and we couldn't mistake one for another.

I can't wait to see more.

Cool! Great timing and fun songs!

I appreciate that you're not making the Ark an overstuffed bathtub.

"Prehistoric carnivours"? Serious problems there. First, there is no such thing as "prehistoric" anything. Second, Noah would have had to take dinosaurs aboard the Ark because God said two of every kind of land animal. Since dinosaurs were created on Day 6 along side of man and lived together, they would be included in the "land animals" that God specified. And what's with the meteor?

On another note, you should keep the animals fairly young. Noah needed to take animals that could easily reproduce in the post-flood world, so adolescents would be optimal.

I know you're using artistic license, but try to get the history right.

"WDAD." I love it!

Prehistoric carnivours"? Serious problems there. First, there is no such thing as "prehistoric" anything. Second, Noah would have had to take dinosaurs aboard the Ark because God said two of every kind of land animal. Since dinosaurs were created on Day 6 along side of man and lived together, they would be included in the "land animals" that God specified. And what's with the meteor

Prehistoric anything??? Eh? Well they were here before man, so the animals prior to the history of man would make them prehistoric.

And who knows what happened to the dinosaurs, they ain't here anymore, meteor, flood, etc. etc.

I kinda believed they went extinct later in time, that is why you have so many stories of dinosaurs, dragons, etc.

But about the animation, it was awesome. I really liked it alot!!! The boat kinda sucked, cause it was not a boat, but an Ark, a big rectangular box. I guess folks like the boat better. I can let you slide on artistic liscense. That was a GREAT!! GREAT timing on the dance sequence.

GREAT work!!!

WOW! I didn't expect so much activity. Or the dinosaur debate. Good stuff though. Let me see if a little more info will help:

This story takes place within the overactive dream of a young girl who was wondering about Noah and the flood. While the dream story is fairly whacked, it provides some really thought provoking questions about this biblical account. It also explains a few things in a non threatening, non preachy way.

These models and animations were actually created for proof of concept and are extremely preliminary.... same with the lighting and camera movements.

Is this going to be a movie? Are you looking for voice talent?

Yes and yes, we have started character voice auditions locally. There are also some character bios on the same site if you dig around.

Cool! Great timing and fun songs!

Thanks! This first video has 5 unique songs with similar comedic value.

"Prehistoric carnivours"? Serious problems there. First, there is no such thing as "prehistoric" anything.

Heh Heh, glad you picked up on that one. If you listen close, we aren't saying there were or weren't prehistoric anything. We are actually asking the question. This is a hot button that we are deliberately trying to push. It's a good question and an important one to ask yourself... To every man an answer. I'll spare the list my convictions, but I do have a strong opinion on this one. Glad it raised the question though :D

The boat kinda sucked, cause it was not a boat, but an Ark, a big rectangular box.

Yep, I can see why the titanic style boat throws you. As mentioned above, this is a story that takes place in a young girls dream. Prior to falling asleep, the young girl is pretending that a titanic tub toy is the ark as she re-enacts the flood story. She just didn't have anything better to be the ark. Later that night when she falls asleep, the dream ark is now a giant version of the toy she was playing with.

The opening scene actually shows a historical looking ark being tossed about in the waves. There is a narrator who is recounting the story. Slowly the scene fades to the toy boat being sloshed around in the tub by the young girl who is pretending. The narrator's voice also fades into the young girls voice and takes on a more childlike twist. Her twin brother is also there adding some wild elements like a giant mutant frog and then sinking the boat. These things also find there way into her dream. (they aren't in the tub together, they are outside the tub playing....) It's a hoot.

Thanks for the animation help on the Rap SURGE. Good to see that you are still out there!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments.

This has been, what, two years in the making? I recall you mentioning it when you rendered my first animation back in 2002.

Actually, it's been a year and a half. It started out as a realtime 3D gaming product with a lot of pre-rendered musicals, Now it's totally an animated video release. (screen shot of the dead PC game attached below).

.. and what's the sketch thing you guys were talking about?

I think he's talking about the storyboards that finish out the Animal Song video.

Thanks!

zenithscreengrab.jpg

Very nice job there Mike! :D

Better than a lot of stuff on TV.

Are you pitching this for TV, or maybe video/DVD? How long will the finished version be?

BTW is the story board on the animal song video what is referred to as an animatic? I ask this because I've often come across the term but never fully grasped what it is.

Wishing you all the best with your project.

Keep us posted. :D

Are you pitching this for TV, or maybe video/DVD? How long will the finished version be?

We're designing for a video/DVD relaese. The current script has the video at right around the 1 hour mark. We are looking at ways to cut 15 minutes so that we could fit nicely in a TV broadcast venue.

We also have a second script in the works as we try to develop a brand of videos each taking a romp through a dreamscape dealing with biblical events. The second script follows the dream of the girl's (CNTZ main character) twin brother. The brand's working title is GSBA (Good Sam's Bible Adventures) The twins' names are Sammantha and Samuel.

BTW is the story board on the animal song video what is referred to as an animatic?

That's correct, although a pretty loose one B)