Hash, Inc. Forums

Animation trial

Hi all!

Since I suck at modeling.. I figured I'd focus on the animation for a while and try to get good at that. :)

I went back to the 'Door's Stuck' tutorial and played around a little.. this is just the first un-polished pass so there's a lot of anomalies and timing issues.. but it's just a beginning. :)

Steve

Door's stuck first pass..

Something about the animation looks roboticy..remember reading in the handbook; "Exaggeration"..what I'm talking about is when Shaggy kicks the door. He seems to kick it and then right AFTER he pulls his foot away, he falls. What should happen is right when he hits the door, he should start flying back. Try it yourself in real life(hope you have good medical insurance)

Good start. When he pulls back on the door, his hips should be lower to get more leverage. Also, his kick at the door should be faster....when his foot hits the door, there should be abit of follow through....he comes back too quick.

Thanks for the comments..

I know what you mean with the fall being slow and I was going for him falling back from the rebound of the kick.. but as I said this is the first pass and I don't have the timing quite right yet. ;)

I polish it up a bit more with the suggestions and post another version.

Thanks again!

Steve