Hash, Inc. Forums

Pzu

Xtaz

Kyle, Paul and Yves...

I would like thank you for your words...eutomaluco.gif

now I see as a character can change our concepts, I only began to do those deepened studies of light, to insert Pzu in a more "real" atmosphere ... Thanks Pzu ... :P

About lights ... i did a smal swf showing the 3 light that i used to lighting

1 - Fakeosity light - using the global illumination and the sun light (mentioned below), I rendered a small piece of the balcony and the wall( pic 1 ), to do the map that I used to calculate the fakeosity ( done using skycast´s lights as default klieg ) ( pic 2 )

mapfake.jpgpic1

fakeosity.jpgpic2

2 - Sun - here i used a basic sun type, whit 100% shadow darkness, 400% intensity ( because the global ilumination has a high intensity too ), and a pure orange color

sol.jpg

3- Global - here i used skycast whit a field map... green and blue ... the skycast´s lights are sun ( whidt = 1000 / Fall off = 20000 / Intensity = 500 )

global.jpg

and VOILA ... Showing lights .....

Is there a way to insert SWF here in the body of message ??????

Thanks again

Peace

Xtaz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hashers

... poor Pzu was so alone.... then

Pzu has the honor of presenting :

... his heroe .. his best friend...his big brother ..

TZU !!!!

tzu.jpg

Peace

Xtaz

• 3 months later...

Hi Hashers ...

The next chapter in the Pzu´s life is to participate in the Mini Movie Contest ...He will interpret a hunter, trying to catch a rare bird called Sisit ...

I attached a pic of them in this message ... and you can see their first movie in MY SITE ( scroll down )

Comments are welcome as usual

pzusissit.jpg

Hi again :

Paul : Thx for your comments, now im back !!!!!

Mr. Jage : Thank you , all animators need a mascot :) do it !!!!

Joseph :I will post wires in next reply, and im using TSM2 to rig both characters

AniMattor : thanks ... i tried to use same render type , but it render time is prohibitive , then I opted to use a toon shader

I rendered one more scene, now with the almost definitive scenery ... go to my Animation Webpage and check it

Comments are welcome ... always

• 1 month later...

Hey Ben !!! Thanks for your comment ....

I used Babbage turorial to water ....

For those that use dialed connection I uploaded to my Animations Site a poor quality version of "the Hunter" it has just 2.15 Mb AVI ....

Thoroughly enjoyable.

(Just one point for all those posting animations..... for those of us on low bandwidth, poor quality small files are great - far better than not being able to see anything at all.)

The only animation thing I'd wish to critique is the pacing of the characters. The steps seemed a little monotonous. Some sneak type steps would have been better ie step - slow - look, step - step back etc where the step pace was varied including fast steps. Also the gun height could have been varied. It's not rivetted in the 'firing' position.

The only cinematic thing that bothered me was the discontinuation at the stream to the next shot - the cut felt awkward. ie the hunter is revealed, the bird steps back cautiously out of frame then the camera moves and we have no stream in sight.

Cheers

• Hash Fellow

First, I love the stuff you do with lighting. I hope you'll be contributing some of your talent to TinMan.

I'd prefer faster pacing. Maybe some first person POVs as he peers thru the jungle to give us some sense of him. Or may be they story is told from the perspective of the bird. There are lots of possible angles.

Edit: But (not "nut")there's lots of good looking stuff there.

David

Yes, that's the Windows Media codec. If you are on Windows it should work. I'll make a dial up version for the MM contest. What is the practial size limit for dial up downloading?

For known quality animators - 5mb. For total unknowns - 500kb. For a movie everyone raves about - 10mb (maybe 20 if I can leave the PC to it's own devices downloading for 2-3hours - but disconnects can be a real bitch)

Cheers

Very nice! Three and a half stars out of four (and I'm jaded as hell).

I'm embarrassed to say I could not figure out what the bird did to 'down' the victim. I saw the bird hop up then, at the last, jump towards the guy with the gun who looked to be already falling backwards from ???.... or ???. I went through it a frame at a time and saw the two gun shots and the bird dodging (didn't catch this in real time). Perhaps the bird just attacks the guy at the end -- the falling back falsely leading me to believe there was something more then there is. Bushes and trees are not only hard on render times they're also 'busy' and 'hard' on finer story elements which can get lost in the bushes (thank goodness for 'clearings' -- too bad one wasn't available -- smiles).

In any event, the above is not really critical to the 'idea' (or perhaps the 'idea' is good enough to over come it) -- clean and simple and, while nothings original anymore, it was different enough and presented well enough to catch me off guard.

Of course, like any back seat director I could nit pick it to death but at the end of the day... IMHO very good!

Rusty

Nice, very nice Xtaz - loved the scenery, good surprise to the story, sound design was excellent and contributed in bringing la selva to life. I viewed the small sized movie and felt like I could still appreciate what you were doing. I'm sure its very beautifully rendered in the larger less compressed versions - muy bueno! (unfortunately I don't speak portuguese)

Hey maybe i should model a "shit" with arms and legs and see if hash uses it for a mascot on the next version of AM.

:P

What has that got to do with this topic? Was it supposed to be amusing? If you have a problem with Hash take it up with them and leave us out of it.

Cheers

David said :

The only animation thing I'd wish to critique is the pacing of the characters. The steps seemed a little monotonous. Some sneak type steps would have been better ie step - slow - look, step - step back etc where the step pace was varied including fast steps. Also the gun height could have been varied. It's not rivetted in the 'firing' position.

I understand what you are saying ... all actions in movie are characters front steping ... that is certainly a little monotonous ...

COPIED .... thanks for you comments

Bruce Del Porte said :

File size is always an issue

ALWAYS !!!! ... some tricks .. use 240x180 / reduce fps to 15 or until 12 / sound must ne 8 bit mono and 11 Khz

Good lucky

Robcat said :

I'd prefer faster pacing. Maybe some first person POVs as he peers thru the jungle to give us some sense of him. Or may be they story is told from the perspective of the bird. There are lots of possible angles.

I though in first person view too :) but the time is short ... the rendeer time was 1:30 / frame ..

and about TinMan would be an honor if i can help ....

Thanks Robert ....

Rusty said :

I'm embarrassed to say I could not figure out what the bird did to 'down' the victim

this part of film was a very bloody fight... since the film was set free for all the ages, I could not show it

Of course, like any back seat director I could nit pick it to death but at the end of the day...

me too.... me too :)

Thanks Rusty ....

NANCY !!!! what can i say ???? thanks ... thanks... thanks

in time ... muy bueno is spanish .. here we say MUITO BOM !!!!!! :) thanks again

Hey maybe i should model a "shit" with arms and legs and see if hash uses it for a mascot on the next version of AM.

You dont need model it . photograph yourself and he is ready

Thanks all