Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pzu

Xtaz

Hi Hashers:

I was thinking, and I decided to model my mascot, for some animation tests..

I intend do him with several skin types, to fit in the proposed animation, this first one, I sought something GOLLUM type, just for fun ....

His name is Pzu ....

I am having some small difficulties with TSM2.01and animation ( stills are perfects ), but as soon as possible I begin with the animation process ...

all comments are welcome ....

Peace

Xtaz

First pic ... shaded wireframe

pzushwi.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you pronounce that "Pzu"?
Ganthofer

How can I say this ?? the pronounce is Peezoo, readed fast...

Any reason he has no nostrils?

in the head, I know how to express a feeling through the eyes, brow, mouth, even of the ear, I don't know through the nose, then I exclude it :lol:

thx for your comments ....

Looks like he's made out of mud
headlessBill

as i said .. Pzu will be many skins ... this is just the first one ...

more Pzu Styles are coming ....

thx

ow the heck did you get the lighting so good?
Matrickz

hi... i used Skycast ... A great light creator ....

thank you for the praises....

about the background, in my opinion, the stones in the ground made the difference in the scenery, just a detail, but a liked them

Thx Friend ...

Fantastic character!
Paul

Thx ... wait the new skins .. ;)

Thx all for your comments ...

Peace

Xtaz

is one of them the evil twin?
Mike

:lol::lol: No evil twins .... Pzu was conceived to change of skin to adapt to the atmosphere of the animation, however he doesn't get to change his form...

look forward to seeing them in motion

finally I found the correct configuration for the bones, I had a brave help of Weight Mover( amazing ), I begin some animation tests today

should be scaled down a little more
Zaryin

Done it ...... thx for comment .... im testing more Pzu´skins and styles

Thx all

Peace

Xtaz

Hi Hashers ....

as i said, i had some problems whit bones, but they were solved ... and now Pzu is moving :rolleyes:

you can see a test here:

MOV ON2 1.2Mb 10s use right button and choose save link as... to link works

or in attached AVI ( divx 740Kb 10s )

Comments ??

Thx

Peace

Xtaz

pzufirstmov.AVI

New Pzu´s still ...

today he had a bad day, he saw the result of the contest ... poor Pzu ....

in this scene i tried radiosity, to lighting it I used just 1 bulb light put in the rear of Pzu ...

I was surprised with the result ....

Peace

Xtaz

triste.jpg

Cute character. And I like the expression. I can tell you are having fun with it, posing him in different situations.

I'd be interested in your radiosity settings for both images. Could you post them?

• Admin
1 bulb light 100 passes ( render time = 5h 19m )

Wow... and to think the most passes I've ever used is 16!

Really nice effect/lighting/color that you've got.

Great character in your character too!

Looking forward to more adventures with Pzu. :)

How about some small spring bones in his ear lobes?
Paul

pzu have spring bones in his ears ... i forgot to simulate spring system ... both in animation and still .... <_>

thank you for your comment ..

Cute character. And I like the expression. I can tell you are having fun with it, posing him in different situations.

I'd be interested in your radiosity settings for both images. Could you post them?

Yves

thank you for eulogizing me, I consider you an icon in A:M. You are right im having fun whit him .

I attached an image showing radiosity properties, and other showing the set, just for reference Pzu is 1.45m tall

thx again ...

1-Wow... and to think the most passes I've ever used is 16!

2-Really nice effect/lighting/color that you've got.Great character in your character too!

3-Looking forward to more adventures with Pzu

rodney

1- my first time too, i will never forget this moment :P

2- thx thx

3- Im thinking use him in the contest of TSM2.

Thank you

Peace

Xtaz

radiosity.jpg

Hi Hashers, Yves :

Done it .. i increased photon sample to 200( render time = 7h53m ), plus I adjusted the iris´ambience to green color (15%)...

the picture is more "clean". Any more tips ?

does radiosity work in animation ?

3colortriste.jpg

Peace

Xtaz

Done it .. i increased photon sample to 200( render time = 7h53m ), plus I adjusted the iris´ambience to green color (15%)... the picture is more "clean". Any more tips ?

does radiosity work in animation ?

You could set some jittering for Final Gathering (like 50%) if you want to trade the shadow edge artifacts we see under the table for some tiny little noise.

Yes, Radiosity also works for animation. You will have the same render time for all frames though.

Hi Hashers

one more expression test.... today I begin with the tests of animation in the face...I need to be fast, because I intend to enter in the contest of Anzovins

Peace

Xtaz

medo.jpg

He certainly looks scared xtaz! :(

The shadow from whatever he is scared of looks different to his own, I don't know what's causing it but they don't look like they're cast from the same lightsource.

Good luck with your entry, I'm looking forward to seeing the final animation. :D

Hashers :

I made some modifications in smart skin in the face, but I believe this version will be the final, unless you tell me that I need to change something...

the result can be find here :

MOV ON2 1615 Kb

Divx 5.2 1290 Kb

You must copy link and paste it in your browser OR

Save Link As...

All comments are welcome as usual

Peace

Xtaz

• 2 weeks later...

Cool scene. Cool composition. I really like how you succesfully conveyed the character mood with an extremely simplified scene and one very well positionned prop. And the painting behing ... Nice touch.

Nice illumination setup too. Indirect illumination is hard to do with Photon Mapping but you pulled it really right.

Yves ....

Thanks for your comment ...

...in spite of the tension of the moment, I tried to pass a serenity in the colors and in the expression, a calm drama exists in this scene, if it is possible ... I am glad you like it ..

Peace

Xtaz

Xtaz,

The more I look at it, the more I like it. You are either a- inspired, b- have a very solid background in art or c- are lucky as hell. But I think it is mostly a- with b- :D

I particularly appreciate the diagonal composition between the painting, the character and the gun. In this context and through this composition, the painting acts like a thought baloon. That is clever.

Yves ...

Thanks... thanks... thanks .... your words are inspiring...

in a first render, the plant and the painting were not there, and the picture was unbalanced.. it is interesting what a simple prop can do in the right place ... and just a little detail , the painting´ name is "Death" by Beckmann..

thanks again

Peace

Xtaz

Rather a drastic measure for not winning in the mascot contest, isn't it?
HeadlessBill

he already overcame this phase, he is getting ready for the x-mas now ...

how you did the lighting?

I used just one light, and worked almost 1 day to put radiosity to work ... as well as in the other radiosity test, I used 100 passes, to improve the acuracy ... render time was 5h34m

Thx for your comment ...

Peace

Xtaz

the painting´ name is "Death" by Beckmann..

I think you'll find that the painting is actually a detail from a painting called 'The death of Marat" by David

Xtaz, you have brought this character so far in a short time. He is has alot of personality and energy. Your progress with lighting and palette has been a joy to watch. That last render is a stunner!

Well done. :)

Paul...

You are quite right... there was another picture with skulls and I must have changed the artists, thank you for the correction ... thank you for your comments about the lighting, the next step is to do this kind of ilumination in a short .. im testing some renders now.. .

AVATAR- I use the expression test ( page 3 ) and create a swf whit 15 fps... the result was good and 260Kb only ..

now im transforming some avi´s and mov´s in SWF... im getting 50% less kb ...

i transformed the Mr. Ball´s normal death :

MOV ( SORENSON )= 7.3 Mb

AVI ( DIVX )= 2.3 Mb

SWF = 830 Kb

Nice results !!!! :)

Thanks again Paul

Peace

Xtaz

MOV ( SORENSON )= 7.3 Mb

AVI ( DIVX )= 2.3 Mb

SWF = 830 Kb

Very useful info!

Sorenson3 seems to be very popular at the moment but I have a terrible time trying to view it online. My web link is via my old P2 with Win98 and some Quicktime codecs just lock up the pc

SWF and DIVX are no problem though. :)