Hash, Inc. Forums

Teeth

Ok..this is getting really frusturating. I'm creating a set of teeth following the tuturial of "baby face", by Colin Freeman (see link below)

I'm at the part when I delete half of the gums and all of this weird spline "web" shows up. (screenshot below).

Link: http://www.colins-loft.net/CoopMouth.html

(scroll down to the teeth part)

I'm thinking it's when I create the gum...the tuturial says "Make sure you draw this at the height of the gum not the low point." I don't know what that means so I just tried to copy the pic...also, I can't tell if I'm supposed to connect that gum to the the tooth, or what! Help me please. Thanks in advance

post-7-1097025290.png

Select "k"

Select "k"

Select "k"

Select "k"

Select "k"

Select "k"

Select "k"

It'll be done before ya know it.

The other option is to select the side you want to keep. And hit "copy"

Delete the whole thing, then paste or "paste with bones" the half back in.

Warning, if paste offset is not "0" in OPTIONS/UNITS your pasted model will have moved from it's prior location.

Warning two, Be sure "mirror mode and magnet mode" are OFF when you do the selection.

Warning three, sometimes your 5 point patchs will need to be re-selected and applied.

Warning four, sometimes if there are complex materials applied to a group within the selected group, your copy will "hang"

All of these are much slower to talk about then to do. Once you've been modeling for a while you won't even think about it.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jamagica,

thanks for pointing out my ommission... I take for granted the fact that I break splines after I delete them... I forgot to document that. I'll have to edit the tute for that.

What I do is delete a section and then check for splines that jump or connect. I'll just break those with "k" or "shift K" and they go away.

I noticed you had some other posts about the tutorial. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to go over it with you. Dont give up on modeling a face. Its hard but once you've done one... you can do any.

good luck,

C

Thanks guys..there are cobwebs on my teeth model (meaning I haven't touched them for awhile) because I can't see to get lip sync on the guy. It's very hard for teeth. I'm planning to do something without talking. Like a bag of sugar comes in and the teeth get scared, etc.

I've finally gotten the teeth animated...a link is below of a "walk" cycle, or as it really is, a chattering cycle. I'm thinking I should create one chatter like this one and another that doesn't involve the opening of the mouth...Note: due to angelfire policies and privacy, you must right click, hit properties, and copy the full address in the box that pops up. Then paste the address into the address bar. Or, what you can do is right click on the link and push "Save target as...".

Walk Cycle Test