Hash, Inc. Forums

Flog's first DVD WIP

Flog

If anyone wants to help on the project and be a part of the dvd please let me know. I could definately use your help.

Matte painter, landscape, plants and tree modeller, texturizer and materializer are needed.

Anyone in the project will sign a contract and then be included in the profits.

So let me know

Thanks

• Hash Fellow
Hmmm few replies, I'm sad.  Do the characters suck?

No, your characters look quite promising!

However... collaborative projects (especially large ones) are exceedingly difficult to recruit for, hold together, and bring to completion unless the leader has an established record of accomplishment in such projects. Since forever.

I've been part of several collaborative projects; only one* has yielded a finished piece. I imagine other people on this list have been thru the same?

So, do a good job on your project here, and next time around you may attract more interest.

*plug: see Duck Sauce on AM Films

Flog looks great too, Matrickz is a very dedicated person!!!

I have a few dedicated folks but mainly me. I'm just looking for models but doing all myself from there unless others want in. I will keep you the progress on this project up to date.

Here are some characters for another project

post-7-1096598608.jpg

Just wanted to show you some of my old animations and tests. These were more tests and half done animations I worked on for the fun of it, for practice and to learn. Don't expect the best, but I have gotten better.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/31099

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/146561

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/146408

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/37312

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57943

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57942

I've been having a good streak of fortune.

I do have a few collabers and ones that are dedicated.

Matrickz is one as you can see.

Satyajit my head modeller is another

Chris my storyboarder, etc.

And I do have support. Alot of the work I will do on my own, but I do want to include others in the process. This will be a successful collab. I hope to build a team and then work on a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

Most definately I agree with you, collabing can be tough. It is tough. I am however going to finish this someway somehow

Where there is a will there is a way!!

Hey I also wanted to share another version of Flog

post-7-1096861318.jpg

You know, he does kinda look like a Lemming. Slightly differant but he does look like a lemming, hehehehe!!

Looks like but not a Lemming. Especially in the body area, the head is simple and does look like it. Dang I never looked at it like that.

• 2 weeks later...

OKay I wanted to do a cool little update, well it may not be cool

But I wanted to give you a feel for what is done so far, smudge gave me the idea

Flog=Done

Bubba Tengo=Done

Wren=Done

Tengo Male=Done

Belcher=IN PRODUCTION

Buddy=IP

Kane=IP

Tengo Female=IP

they are great ideas you have!!!

I also want to share more pics of the Flogtales and Kalimar story. This is a picture from our Kalimar story also to be made into a movie online.

THis was drawn by a work for hire and a good friend named Carsten. Hope you enjoy the pic. We were promoting this at comicons and such.

post-7-1098219161.jpg

HEy Starwarsguy,

You talking about those newgrounds cartoons I put up. Yeah that was funny. I had since corrected it with the guys who wrote that.

I'm like go ahead and find those graphics on the web, just like that. Its crazy. I don't get it but Newgrounds folks are kinda weird sometimes. Thanks for viewing my old animations.

Yeah I'm definately trying to get Carsten in on this one. Problem is after the comic we did together he has had numerous job offers and such, and working on his own comic now and he is a busy beaver.

I hope we can work together again, he is a great artist. His mattes would throw this into a very professional level of movie.

I can animate pretty fast and should be done in 6 months with the first 10 minutes.

Hey if anyone wants in on the project, or can spread the word around we are doing this project. I'm personally fitting the cost for DVD production. Any profit though will be traded out amongst the group, based on merits, how much you put into the film type thing.

Many are skeptical of the whole group collabing thing, but I am not. I've been planning this for too long, and too hard, since I was a child and now I have the means to do it. This is my life's little dream to make a movie and tell a story. Basically this project will work perfectly with a little help here and there from collabers. Most of all the other work I'm confident will get done, cause I'm doing it myself. So if anyone wants to contribute and has the skills please step up!!! I'd love to work with you.

Current update:

Currently I'm working on the outline for the "HOW TO PORTION" of the movie.

You see the major part of the dvd is how a "Low talented guy" (in the modelling and drawing department) can make a movie with a slight budget and powerful software, and a good story.

It is especially geared for those folks who want to tell a story but just don't have the ultimate modelling and rigging skills of the pros. And how to make a movie on a budget.

Much of the video is commentary on how we created the video, how contacts and helping hands were found, etc. And how it could been done in a super budget!!!

There are going to be special rotoscope scenes, where my friends and I will act out the cartoon and copy movements for animation. How I searched for voice talent, etc.

I really wanted to make a video that would inspire more filmakers. I think the low production small teams thing is the way to go in the future, and a way folks can make a living doing what the love, instead of the evil day job of doom.

Because personally I want to stop being the Corporate Slave by Day and Animator by night.

I want to be the animator by day and a sleeper at night and make a living on my own characters, dreams and STORIES!!!!

I appreciate all the replies on my project as this keeps me encouraged.