Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Latest Soulcage Dept. spot

Elm

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone ask about the English in the spot, so I will explain it and play the "smart ass/wise guy":

It is not unusal to have a english slogan for companies in Germany (or even whole Europe).

But actually they had a little bit fun with words there, yes...

Bisc&(Biscand) is the name of the biscuits/cookies you can see in the spot.

The German 'Biss' (quite equally spoken) have a second meaning: something to eat has a nice bite/(pep). (bite = Biss)

So: No bite, no fun no bisc no fun

*Fuchur*

PS: Fun is a word every german will understand...

Someone ask about the English in the spot, so I will explain it and play the "smart ass/wise guy":

It is not unusal to have a english slogan for companies in Germany (or even whole Europe).

But actually they had a little bit fun with words there, yes...

Bisc&(Biscand) is the name of the biscuits/cookies you can see in the spot.

The German 'Biss' (quite equally spoken) have a second meaning: something to eat has a nice bite/(pep). (bite = Biss)

So: No bite, no fun no bisc no fun

*Fuchur*

PS: Fun is a word every german will understand...

Hey Fuchur. U da man.

I just couldn't have explained that better.

elm. :ph34r:

hey! I was already very curious about the new stuff and have to admit looks very professional! very cool. nice touch

on tv I already saw some eskimo's hanging around and could observe them better on the net. maybe its my low I :blink: Q but I had to see the clip a couple of times to get some sense out of it. so that would be some comment that there is too much. in my opinion less would be better.

anyway respect! cant match it :P

jurjen

maybe its my low I :blink: Q but I had to see the clip a couple of times to get some sense out of it. so that would be some comment that there is too much. in my opinion less would be better.

jurjen

never mind, it's not your iq. we were aware of this problem, but we just couldn't convince the client of a 25 sec version. but on the other hand it maybe works fine with a commercial if you don't get it the first time you see it. otherwise it's more annoying if you see it more often, which usually is the case...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this little spot was great. The only problem I had initially was understanding that the first shot the family was cranky about teatime. It's not like teatime is observed here in the states after all. But once I saw it through, and the tea-biscuit thing struck me, I laughed my ass off. I had to watch it again, and again, and again.

On another note: James and I were going through the market on a cookie run when, low and behold, there sitting on the shelf were the Bic&. Only they were relabeled as Cookies& for the US market. Same package design thou.

We gonna see air-time for that spot over here too?