Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lipsync Interface Screenshot

Here's a quick screenshot of the lipsync interface I just finished. It's modeled after Jason Osipa's "Stop Staring" book, and uses the example of William Young's project file at this link:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...&hl=osipa's

Each null visible on the right controls anywhere from 2-4 pose sliders. The individual right and left poses are still controlled via the pose slider window.

After some texturing and lighting adjustments I'll be starting the lipsync project.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

post-7-1095880514.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the process, very quickly. Please get the project file from the link I mentioned in the first post and tear it apart. All of the elements are in that file.

1. In the modeling window, make the outlines for the interface and add type if you wish.

2. Add the nulls (modeling window), rename, resize, and position them in the proper places in the interface outlines.

3. Make a new On/Off pose and rename it Face Constraints.

4. In the relationship window (for the Face Constraint pose), click on a null and select New>constraint>translate limits. Set the "min" and "max" values which will restrict the x and y movement of the null. Repeat this process for each null. This completes the interface part. Now you need to make relationships for each null slider position.

4. In the PWS go to Model>Bones and select one of the nulls. Open its' properties tab and go to Translate X (or Y, depending on how your slider is going to work), and right-click, select New Relationship.

5. In the relationship window, make your pose slider window visible and set the relevent pose slider's values to zero (the sliders that will be affected by the null). Move the null to one of its' extreme positions and set the appropriate pose slider to 100%. Now, move the null to its' other extreme position, and change another pose sliders' value to 100%. For example, on the right side of a side-to-side null slider I put a wide mouth pose and on the left side I put the narrow mouth pose. Close the relationship window and repeat this process for each null sliders' x and y value you have.

6. Test the null slider in an action window. As you translate each null it should automatically control whatever pose sliders you attached to it.

7. Save, save, save.... repeat.

Good luck!

Really nice work, would be a funny interface which reminds me to the interface of another 3d program from caligari, but why do you do that all? I mean it is quite complex and it doesnt do more than getting rid of the pose-sliders-tab, or?

*Fuchur*