Hash, Inc. Forums

Halo Master Chief

Sevenar

if you get me the .3ds one (simply to export it from halo, lots of people have done it, but im too lazy to get 3dsmax) and export to 3ds..

should be able to get the same results as the master chief model, cant speak for the rigging part tho.

• 1 month later...

Ok, now that Halo 2 has come out with the player-controllable Elite, looks like all I need now is the Rigged Grunt, although I'm sure I'll need the Elite to be animatable at some point, too.

The more I look at my project, the more I realize that if I try to do the A:M shots, it's going to look very amateurish, if not downright unwatchable.

I would dearly love to see talented people do the script justice in A:M, yet since there's no money involved it's hard to ask the pros to do work gratis. There's one scene in particular that I think Christina "Smudge" Hanson could knock out of the ball park given the samples she's posted here, and you better believe that if I could afford to commission her, I would in a second!

Anyway, assuming I won't hit the lottery any time soon, what's the best way to get some real help on a project?

All but admitting defeat,

Sev

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, but most of the links here are dead, and I would really appreciate it if I could get the Master Chief model, it doesn't have to be rigged, I need it for reference so I can build my own, I am especially interested in the textures. Thank you!

i just cleaned up all my stuff...sigh. ill go looking for it though...sevenar prolly has it. the halo2 master chief model is out now though, think im gunna look into that...would do better for modeling refrence (as it looks 10x sweeter ^^ )

edit - after an hour or so of searching..found nothing. so ill have to go extract the thing from halo2 myself (sigh...).. so ill have it done (hopefully..if nothing goes wrong) tomorrow...sometime.

Halo 2 MasterC better than Halo MasterC? I can't belive me bloody ears! :o The Halo 2 MasterC seemed to, as far as I know, be full of holes, unfinnished edges, etc... Though I may be wrong, theese bugs may be "in-game" only.

Thank you very much! this will give me a head start for a project I'm dreaming up. I was searching the web and found a few halo/mod sites, I now know how to pull OBJs out of Halo for my mac. I found the texture maps for MasterC and I can't make heads or tails out of them... I'll figure it out eventually, I guess. Thank you!

The Halo 2 MC was a lot cleaner model than the Halo 1 MC.

Now, if you want to see my version of the H1MC in action, go to www.sponsorsvsfreeloaders.com and download Episode 7. The final scene has the animated MC model in it...plus a surprise or two.

Big thanks to Roughy and Pia for their trailblazing efforts in bringing the Halo stuff to A:M!!!

My current project is rigging the Halo 2 Flood Combat Form model--kind of tricky since the extra appendages are on the left arm! I have to start TSM2 with 2 arm pairs, then delete the right arm #2 after running TSM FLipper.