Hash, Inc. Forums

Bubblegum Crisis 3D stills

Wow!!! I sure hope you are getting paid to do this.

This work is excellent. I love the whole Bubblegum crisis and all, but if your not getting paid to do this, I don't know, to much time on someone elses commercial story and not enough on your own original work!!!

I love your work and would love to see what you came up with in personal projects.

Someone has already done Bubblegum crisis and made a living doing it. I think your talent would be better used in other endeavors cause you are awesome!!!

I will give you Kudos on the great job!!!

Thanks a lot!

My actual goal is to become an animation director, so I think adapting an existing animation through my vision is good experience. As a director someday, I would love to work with talented writers, character designers, and animators to make original movies. For right now, though, I'm enjoying working on this project.

-Noah

www.studioartfx.com

www.d7peacemaker.com

www.animagine.co.uk

www.oniriapictures.com/renardweb.html

This is what you can accomplish!!! One man show or part of a team!! Your work is just to good to put into something that has been done and no commercial value. I mean I could really see you as a director. There is something about your work and something behind I just see. I would buy a dvd you made, hehehe!!!

I mean I'm not saying don't enjoy your project, but wow your work is good to go solo into an idea of your own!!!! Just a thought for the day.

Definately be proud of your work!!!

Thanks! But, if you want to make something in 3D, you should try it anyway; Everyone will have a different interpretation of something they like anyway.

One thing that you stumble across in making the hard suits into 3D is that, in reality, they wouldn't be able to twist their torsos unless the suits were made out of some kind of flexible metal. Fortunately, this can be cheated in both 2D and 3D without being very noticeable.

Noah

Thanks a lot, guys!

As for realistic texturing, my texturing is not that great, yet. I think what is of equal importance is the lighting. Once the camera position is set, the lights have to be positioned rather carefully to help make the scene look its best. I also use raytraced reflections on most of my surfaces, which helps, too. On top of this, having scenes at night with a lot of shadows prevents mistakes from being too visible to viewers : )

I just learn a little bit, day by day. The key is trying not to forget too much...

-Noah