Hash, Inc. Forums

Flogtales: Characters, progress and bios!!!

Flog

tengoscene1.jpg

Hey all!!

Just wanted to have fun with a little character last night and put him into a scene.

Now the scene is really something I slapped together and I'm not the greatest artist, but just wanted to put the character in a scene. Actually the background took like 30 minutes top but will be used for storyboard purposes.

Satyajit modelled this cute little guy I created. I hope you like. He is for an upcoming 20 minute animation I'm working on. Not the main character but one of the many characters that will populate this little world.

Let me know what you think.

A little about the character:

Bubba the Tengo

Height: 3'4"

Weight: 95 lbs

Story: This Tengo was named Bubba by Wren, she is a girl who studies the animals within the Bermuda Triangle. The tengoes are a genetically altered species falling under the gene spliced category. They are highly intelligent and live in communial families. They are very similiar to apes in nature but more intelligent. Their closest relative is Sasquatch. They are highly agressive, territorial and untrusting to other species of animals. The males have a bald spot on their head due to a scent glad on the top where they rub against rocks and trees to mark their territory. When a young Tengo gets to be mating age the males will gather in an area with rocks and trees(deep forest or where there are rock formations) and the females will come down from the older group and find a mate. Tengoes mate for life and are bonded in a marriage like arrangement. To attract a mate they mark their territory and do a little dance. If the female likes the dance she will bond with that male and they will become life mates.

Tengoes are fierce hunters who hunt in packs. They will use simple weapons and tools made from rock, bones and wood to use as weapons. Their agressive nature makes them able to hunt large game and usually come off victorious, but there main food is from smaller vermin and creatures.

Bubba the Tengo, is not your average Tengo. He is a below average male. He has an underbite, his head plates are plain, and he is not as fit as the other Tengoes. Many of the other Tengoes, including the young Alpha Male pick on him, the females reject him. He is not the best hunter, not the brightest, he is basically on the low end of the gene pool. That however will change with the help of our main character Flog (characters to be revealed as they are modelled)

I hope you will enjoy all my updates and such. Let me know what you think and if you can contribute to this little movie.

Sincerely

Shawn aka Flog

Nice Character, good story, but i think your Bubba look quite intelligent, the discription doesn´t fit the character by 100%. I think "while he is the youngest child of the clan the other ignore him, or hit him. This changed as a new character... ..." just my thought.

Greetings

Frank

well if he is too young he can't participate in the mating dance. There is a lot of comedy going on during the mating season.

Girls passing him, other Tengoes kicking him out of his spot, his goofy dance. He is bald so he is an adult of "marrying age"

I think its in his eyes though that makes him look smarter than what he is, I just put some black dots for eyes in photoshop, but we will change em' a bit.

tonight I'll share the more streamlined "AVERAGE" Tengo

thanks for your comments, keep em' coming.

Hey Frankh

Thanks for the reply and that will definately happen. Right now I just cut him out of the model sheet and wanted to put him in a scene for the fun. You'll definately like what we have cooked up next once this guys is rigged and read to rumble

You know given bones so we can move him around and animate him.

Dude I remember you, your the one with the cool dog monster I liked. Very good work on your sight. I can't wait to see what movie or comic you are cooking up.

Thanks for the reply.