Hash, Inc. Forums

Newbie First Animating Attempt

Hi - It been awhile since I had him completed, but I finally decided to post my first attempt at 3D animation. I have never had any experience in 3D animation before I got the A:M 11. I started in April of this year going through the tutorial and got through it in a few weeks - THANKS to everyone in the forum for answering my millions of questions I posted. ;) So then I decided to just jump into it and try to create a character. He was done after of few weeks of insane struggling. I Didn't want to post him, but figured why not - everyone seems supportive here.

Eric LoCascio

post-8-1093918246.jpg

Very nice for the first try...

I hope you want some critics?

His chest is a little bit to big for the rest, dont you think? You could try to use the scale-tool just in one direction and it would be fine, I think...

What can be tricky is the robe he now has...

Clothanimation is a quite difficult thing and u should assume to use a trousers or something like that... will make it in many ways easier to animate him...

You could although think about the arms... they look a little bit too boxy and if you try to round them a bit, it would help, I think...

I although think, that the upper arms a little bit to short...

Look at yourself... your arme is more or less 50% to 50 % tilte into upper arm(and shoulder) and lower arm....

But a very nice character for the start-up... I dont think I did something like that in the first place...

*Fuchur*

I dont think I did something like that in the first place...
hehehe My first attempts (and second and third) were nowhere near this well done. Nice job !

I agree with the cloth comments from Fuchur, might prove problematic for you, in beginning animations. But you'll never know that until you jump in there either.

Best of luck with him and I hope you'll also post some animations.

Doug

Hey Thanks guys,

Yes, I definitely encourage the criticism - the only real way to learn. I also agree he is a bit out of proportion and boxy looking, I'll look back at him in a few years and at least get a good laugh. ;) Amazed nobody commented on his feet... I actually copied and pasted part of his hands so I didn't have to start from scratch on the feet... bad, bad idea, don't recommend anyone repeat that one ;)

Have a great night,

Eric