Hash, Inc. Forums

Batman Character

• Admin

Looking really good from that first view!

I'd like to see and know more about your project.

There are a lot of comic fans in the A:M Community I'm sure they'll pop in to comment as well. While waiting if you can post from a few angles and maybe add a spline shot that will help them give you better feedback.

I sure am interested in seeing what you have planned for him!

Rodney

i've always been a fan of the darker dark knight, so overall he looks great to me!

his head and shoulders seem to be the most defined, but i'd want to see more detail on his abdomen. i.e. a washboard stomach.

his waist seems a bit wide for my tastes, but you might be going for the tree-trunk look. i don't mean that as a slam, that's just my impression.

keep up the good work, and lets see more!

-jon

Wow, thanks for the comments so quickly!

Rodney, thanks for your interest. I'm not quite sure what I have planned for him. I can't decide whether or not an animation is too ambitious but I for sure want him to be searching the lonely streets of Gotham lookin' for trouble. Well, yes, I'm a geek, just stamp it on my forehead.

Thanks Jon, I guess if you want to do the dark knight right, you gotta do it yourself, eh? I'm going for the alex ross-style bats, so that would explain the less-defined and wide abdomen. I think it may use a little tweaking....

Now, here's a closeup on his face

face.jpg

so your bats is sweetness and light? ' ' ) i think you missed my point:

you're fellow looks pretty dark so me, so i was liking it!

the body type is pretty dead-on ross, so no worries there.

-jon

Jon, I meant that no one else ever can get the dark part right (i.e. the 3rd and 4th movies) so I had to do it myself. I see how that could have been taken: "Hey man, do a darker batman model yourself!" It's just my poor ability to explain myself. ;)

Thanks for pointing out the eyelid thing, fuchur, that point really adds to the realism of the model.

Just fists left for modeling. Rigging this bad-boy will be a pain.

Keep the crits-a-comin'!

batsfour.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • Hash Fellow
hey its really cool i swear but how did you make the body and the clothes please tell me

I can tell you that he is away on an extended missionary trip.

As far as modeling a body it's like any other object, but you really need to start with the exercises in "The Art of A:M" and learn your way around the modeling environment of A:M. It even has tutorials on modeling a character with body and everything.

Only thing I can see: I dont think that any superhero would has his suit/cloth going above the lids of there eyes... you should make the lids in the skin-colour...

I haven't seen any of the Batman films with Christian Bale in them, but in the earlier ones I have seen, Batmans eyelids are the same colour has his mask, but it's obviously makeup, not just an extension of the cloth.batman296uf.jpg

Theyr'e sticking out cuz he's got beer cans in there. Hey, climbing buildings is hard work! :lol:

Back many years ago, in the Batman comix, there was a minor plot point about Batman putting dark makeup on his eyelids. That way, in a dark room, if he ducked down behind something up to his nose and squinted, the bad guys wouldn't know he was there but he could watch them. They'd get the creepy feeling someone was watching, and that was a large part of Batman's game. If you look at the old comix, psychic stress was used more often than any of the mechanical gizmos. Kane did a superb job of putting the reader in the bad guys' shoes; I can still remember when the hair stood up.

The pink eyelids you see in the movies now are an alteration of the original character.

• Admin
Are you going to have the model up for download

This is an old topic (circa 2004) that forum member Aman Trivedi popped back up into view. Lee Anderson has been away from the computer and 3D for quite awhile now. He's out spreading the good word as a missionary.

What does this mean for us?

Its unlikely we'll see the model as a download anytime soon.

Sorry.

I understand that miracles do happen in missionary work. So don't give up hope! ;)