Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Summer Day

SummerDay.jpg

Summer days, summer days... This is an image I did a couple weeks ago to lend a summer theme to my site. Been meaning to post it. Cold Night was feeling more and more out of place...

Props as always to Robb Allen for his free Grunge Pack collection. If I ever find myself with some time on my hands and a digital camera, I swear I'll pay him back karmically by creating a Grunge Pack 2. One of these days. Summer days...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That's gorgeous. Really nice lighting.

Thanks for the link to Rob Allen. These textures look very handy.

I can see "Cold Night" repeated in the Summer Days pic, but I'm not sure what the box is. A picture frame? With the books as visual references, it looks a bit too deep for that. Still, really well done. :)

Yes summer days...except mine doesnt look so pretty... my picture involved roofs being blown off, windows shattering and pretty much just horrible damage everywhere. (hurricane charlie, I live right where its going)... But at least your happy! haha :lol:

No no, it's not a picture frame, but I imagine it's a bit esoteric. What we have is a newly constructed raised bed, just filled with soil and watered perhaps a bit too liberally. There's a nice explanation of raised beds here -- building them is covered in the Square Foot Gardening book pictured. (This is right out of my childhood.) Still trying to find a pic... There we are. The other book is The Not So Big House.

The graphic theme for my site/company (The Space Toast Shop) is based around a shop built in/out of the ruins of a crashed rocket. More pics here. As of Cold Night, I got around to shingling the building. In this pic, I just wanted to reflect the shop.

The picture is kind of an homage to my dad, who was a fan of both book series. He built the house I grew up in, and always had a whole mess of projects going: garden, workshop, wharf, sailboats, you name it. He was also a school teacher, so the summer was when things would really kick into high gear.

We all love to build things, you know?

Looks good (though I'm not sure what it is).

Might I suggest a little less yellow in your keylight, or else making the yellow mottled surface blue?

Just a suggestion. I just think the wood is a little heavy on the "yellow" side. Excellent work, nonetheless.

Thanks for the link to the grunge pak. That will come in very handy.

Brian