test Light in AM

CyberSpark

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks cool, one thing that might help is to assign some of the shirt control points to the thighs on the front character. It might take some smart skin but you might be lucky and have it look good with out smart skin.

Have fun

how about cloth......i try to add more detail but it hard for animate

i very like this version for setting light

now i work on bone(rig ) and try to find the best solution for shoulder?

how about their hand? (below picture)

• 3 weeks later...

I think your models are quite nice - I'd leave them as is. If you have v11 (alpha) I would try adding the new hair features to your characters. What type of light set up are you using? I would add some form of environment to them. That would amke them "pop".

• Hash Fellow

The cross-eyed appearance, even when they are looking straight ahead, contributes to their "cute" factor, but i think it's going to give you trouble when you have to animate them in a glance to either side. The pupil on the outside eye is going to disappear. Yes you can always swing the full head to point at whatever... but such nice characters should have subtler options available to them.

Exceptional children. I love the proportion on the arms and hands.

Eyes:

I would build a convergence rig for the eyes. It's basically 3 nulls with a pose that translates the child nulls in and out. It offers control on how crosseyed the character will appear and helps establish the que for viewing near or far.

Hands:

A general intermediate bone constrained at 50% to the next child bone will do for finger joints, but the knuckles and thumb will require either a smart geometry or special rigging or smartskin to control the many angles or mesh intersections. A lot depends on the complexity of the geometry on how you will apply the magic.

Misc:

Weighted CPs look like an excellent solution for complex areas such as hips, shoulders, waistlines, thumbs and complex clothing such as loose cloaks or coats. I've yet to experiment with it on this level of detail, but it is easy to see weighted Cps offer great potential.

Ignore me, I'm crazy. :P

• 2 weeks later...

A few things popped out to me while looking at the pictures (esp. the top one)

Overall great character design! As mentioned before, real cute -- but distinctively yours. Wonderful work there.

The shoes on the two boys should be different. Right now the sock of the fg character "blends" into the shoe of the bg. boy char. Also, are the shoes for the girl supposed to be mismatched? It looks like one shoe's white and the other's pink? And it's visually confusing that it seems that her feet are in front of the tall boy (red shirt) but the rest of her body is behind him.

The shirt of the fg boy, on our right, needs to be wrinkled or at leas the mass of the thigh needs to be "respected" (i.e. as someone said either smartskin or some kind of cloth behavior). This also happens in the bottom graphic with the shorter boy.

Great modeling and (overall) good colors. As far as adding cloth textures goes, it may be a case of overwhelming the design. Sometimes keeping it simple can be the best way for a graphic to pop out.

hth