Hash, Inc. Forums

Old_Guy

Hello... (excuse my English)

This is my first post on the Forum.

I started to work on a animated short idea I have. Here is the link for one of the first tests:

www.roundbox.net/short/old_guy3.avi

This is one of the last scenes on the short, but is the first one I have animated.

Every comment is welcome.

Thanks

Ares Deveaux

www.roundbox.net

I agree with Robert, don't know what age you're shooting for but I didn't get "old man" out of the walk at all. Interesting anecdote there was a younger actor playing an older man on a tv show, he put pebbles in his shoes to get the old man walk right... I guess thats why they get the big bucks :blink:

Nice animation. Just one small thing. The first pebble needs "anticipation". It enters the picture and hits his head in about 1 or 2 frames, and then bounces out of the frame. It's small and hard to spot. You could add some dust or sand falling down before the pebble comes, and maybe increase the pebble size a little. If possible, you should also try and keep it in frame after it hits, maybe by having the character react by moving his head down when hit (so you get more space for the pebble).

Other than that. Excellent animation.

Ragnar

Thanks for the comments!!!!...

I'm working on some of the things that have been said.

That comment about the anticipation of the first little rock is very true. It needs something so it reads better. I'll work on that.

I will keep posting tests to get you opinions, but maybe, I will create a new topic because "old_guy" is too misleading.

Thanks