Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Swoop Troop Atack

Hello Fellow-Hashers!

Well, this is the first time I posted anything really, so if I do something stupid don't tell me, just pretend like I know what I'm doing. ;)

Anyway, I've been working on this for the last few days. It's based on a Hildebrandt painting. I did some post work in photoshop but it's mostly A:M.

You can tear it apart if you need to.

Enjoy!

swooptroopattack.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that is really impressive stuff there! I would love to see some of those models with some more light on them. There looks to be a lot of detail there. The hair on the central character looks good.

Were the rocket flames done in PS? Maybe you could have used AM spriticles.

One thing, there seem to be some black specks there. Do you know what could be causing this?

Well, thanks for your replies. It really did a number on my self-esteem.

Unfortunately, I had to PS the hair. As for the black dots, I thought I took care of a lot of them. I'm still runnin' with A:M 2000. I know, I know....

I tried using particles with with engine-fire-stuff but I wasn't really all that happy with it. Come to think of it, it's still not all that great, maybe I'll try something else with it.

This is a shot of both of the models straight from A:M. Anymore comments are welcome

models.jpg

Jimmy,

Those are some pretty sweet models! Are these rendered in a choreography or in the modeling window? Also, if you don't mind please describe as acurately as you can the setup you used for this render (lights, colors, etc). This is pretty much the clay look I want to achieve with my WIP's.

Thanks and awesome work,

Jon

Thanks Mike! Nope, I don't have any plans of modeling yet. I don't know what'd they'd do besides zoom across the screen. If you have any ideas, though, I'd be glad to try them out!

Alright Jon, this one's for you.

I don't know where you're at so I'll just start at the beginning (not to say I'm an expert, which is far from the truth)

I'd start out reading this tute: 3-Point Lighting setup

Play around with that a little and then try out Yves Poissant's AMAZING Skylight Tutorial

Just remember, pretty much nothing is ever completely black. I kept my models in the first shot untextured so they'd receive the light better. Think about it bouncing off the rocks then hitting the riders a little less intensity and coming back blue, just because the contrast looks neat.

Wow, I'm long winded!

Haha, thanks but I wasn't talking about the orgiginal image. I'm really sorry if you have to post again now. I was talking about your latest post, the one just showing the two models. I know that the original was rendered in a chor, etc.

Please answer my question with regards to the last image posted.

Thank you very much,

Jon

Actually, the things I was talking about could be applied to both. The second image was in a choreography with a skylight and a fairly high intensity backlight. Skylights make those cool soft shadows which really illude to that "clay" look. Oh yeah, there weren't any colored lights at all.

Hope that answers your questions. Feel free to ask some more.

Hey, look, I found someone for my swoop guys to play with! Maybe there could be a mini-animation with this guy or something, eh?

dashing.jpg

Now that is Awesome!!! That Bike Model is top Awesome!!! Can't wait for more pictures!! You should do an Animation!!

You never know what can come out of one simple animation. my fan film was all made based on one simple animation... I wanted to know why the guy on the speeder was being chased, so I made more to go with it, a few years later, I had my own fan film!! :D

I want to know where these guys are going & what the battle will be like!!! :D

• 1 year later...
Thanks Mike! Nope, I don't have any plans of modeling yet. I don't know what'd they'd do besides zoom across the screen. If you have any ideas, though, I'd be glad to try them out!

Animate them to the song "Riders on The Storm" by The Doors !!! ;)

Wow dude, what an awsome sight... Hell's Angels in year 3000 :D

Nice, Lee. Very nice. Looks like "American Chopper 3000".

You might try experimenting with a hint of a banking turn on the outside vehicles as this might give it more of a "fluid" feel (as if they are correcting course and rejoining the formation). Might look good if done subtly.

Have you seen my new plugin? It's rendering camera lens cleaner. A must-have when shooting on desert planets.

Nos