Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MATrickz- great job.....very nice character... I think you can add some personality by giving the eyes (around the eyes) it's own colour, give his tummy a different colour.......these are just surgestions.....

keep up the good work..

Matrickz :

Nice simple character ... I am curious to know how it will be crawling ...

one question ... are the body and eyes attached ?? I can see a shadow in the first pic ...

keep working ...

Xtaz

Yes it is all one mesh except for the actuall eyes whichs are spheres. I have been trying to smooth out the eye 'stalks' for a while but I cant get it to smoothly blend with the body. I will keep trying, heres the wirefreame, maybe somebody know the problem. Thanks for all the feedback and compliments.

I think he is going to just slide along with a few bones for the body and also for the eye stalks. I want to make his pupils animatable but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do this. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to make a slime trail. Would you just use an animated specularity map? I have never had to deal with this kind of character so any help is great! Thanks again!

post-8-1088780631.jpg

Thanks to xtaz I fixed the mesh so that its much smoother now around the eyes. Thanks again xtaz! I have also rigged its body and now I'm working on its mouth. I have a question though, should I have some bones around its mouth or just completely rely on pose sliders to make the mouth movements? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I know what you mean, I'll try that. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to move its mouth. Do you guys use all pose sliders for mouth positions? Or do you use bones? Or both? :blink: Thanks for the comments guys! :D

• 2 months later...

Been a while, but schools holding me back and a lot of other projects too.. I really want to get this guy movin though.. Anyways, he has most expressions built now as poses.. heres a funny one I made.. Now its starting to get fun!

this is just in the modeling window but you get the point, I also smoothed out all of the mesh from the last version since I was modeling retarded then... yes yes and I still have a long ways to go.. ;) anyways, have fun!.. or somethin.... :huh:

post-8-1096595853.jpg