Hash, Inc. Forums

Possible Northern New Jersey/NYC user group

gatti

Are there any users out there in the northern New Jersey and NYC area that is interested in a face-to-face user group? I'm based in Hawthorne, New Jersey and can possibly get access to a dedicated classroom in my local library for a meeting place. A train route which goes to Hoboken (with PATH trains back to NYC) is just about 1/4-1/2 mile away from the library. I even have access to a projector for large display demonstrations.

At this point I'm pretty much a beginner with Hash. However, in the past I've used SoftImage and 3DS Max, so my 3-d animation knowledge is there. I'm wondering if anyone out there are interested in exchanging their knowledge of Hash in a friendly and supportive environment.

Later all.

That would be too far to travel to philly from Hawthorne? What, it must be a two and a half hour trip? You could join the MAAM user group if you don't mind traveling that far.

Just a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Casey,

We used to have a user group in Manhattan a few years ago, but it is long since disbanded. We used to meet and discuss A:M and stuff. We even had a visit from the folks at hash when they came to town for macworld.

I still know a couple of the guys. If you are interested in meeting in manhattan maybe we can get some of the old group back together. We used to meet at my friends office, but he doesn't work there anymore so we'd need to find a new spot. New jersey would be too far a trip for me, I am on Long Island, and the two guys I still know are in queens and brooklyn, so I don't know if they'd want to journey that far either.

Anyway, let me know and maybe we can get something together. Weekends would be best for me because I work on Long Island during the week.

you can e-mail me at countfrogula@yahoo.com

talk to ya soon

:unsure: