Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

San Francisco Bay Area User Group

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still interested in an informal once a month gathering.

I'm still opting for a second Sunday of every month, since my wife will already be in town for her knitting group that meets every second sunday at Embarcadero. This way, my wife and I can travel in and out together.

Don't know where we could meet, though.

Oy,

I live in Santa Rosa, bout an hour north. What would we do once we met?

-Alonso

As an informal gathering, it would be a time to chat, get to know one another. If anyone has laptops, you could show off what you are working on to anyone interested, try and get help with problems, trade models, materials and such.

It wouldn't have a set plan or schedule of what is happening, in what order and when like a formal gathering does.

I'm not against formal gatherings. I'd love to attend them if I can, but they don't seem to happen very often and usually once a place and time is set, most people never seem to be able to make it, usually last mintue.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that are interested, I will be at Tully's in the Embarcadero Center from 2-5PM on Sunday (my wife is there for her knitting group) and I'd be interested in meeting with anyone who wants to show up anytime during that time. I'll most likely be using my PowerBook, but not A:M. I'm still having problems with the OS X version. :( I hope to see someone else there.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to get involved with a group. I live in the central valley near Merced. SF is about 1.5 hours away. Any chance having meetings east of the bay area? Livermore, Tracey? :-)

I would be able to attend some SF meetings. San Jose/mountain view is closer.

It would be cool to get together 3 to 4 times a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Zachary, I'm going to try some recruiting. I know a couple others that will come.

Spread the word... Mid to End of September is good for me.

Modesto?

Attention! Anyone in Central California interested in an A:M user group? Please email me privately if interested in attending. I was thinking everyone can come show their work, or just come and watch, if anyone is interested in a mini tutorial, let me know. Anyone have suggestions? I can give a mini-tute about setting up a simple character rig. I have an old PII 400 laptop that runs AM pretty good (a little slow) but we can keep the tutes simple.

We can meet at a coffee shop. Location to follow, date to follow (End of September on a Saturday)

Email me privately if interested.

I'll help out, but I might not be able to make it. Modesto is about a 2 hour drive from me, I'd be willing to make the shlep if I could drive.

Good luck, I'll be glad to do something for it, even if I can't make it.

Anyways...

Anyone here live in:

Sunnyvale,

Mountain View,

San Jose,

Palo Alto (or Stanford),

Los Altos,

Santa Clara,

Redwood City,

Los Altos Hills,

Saratoga,

Menlo Park,

or live within easy driving distance?

Join the Silicon Valley A:M user group. ;-)

I've got a few location ideas. If our first meeting is fairly soon, such as September, we could meet at the Cafe at Shoreline Lake (Near the shoreline ampitheatre). Located in the marshland just south of the bay it's a nice central location. The cafe has a nice view of a small man made lake which usually is filled with sailboats and windsurfers.

I don't have a laptop, so if anyone has one I would be very pleased.

Zack

Well, I live just south of Oakland, CA. It's a bit far to drive to Modesto, at least on a regular basis.

It would be nice to get together with others to learn more about AM. The book is nice, and sparse. I really have much to learn and would appreciate being with others.

Any lists of when/where meetings are?

• 1 year later...

I had not seen this topic as I was out of the A:M scene during that time.

I live in San Mateo and would be interested in meeting more hashers (Met Dahr already).

Just shout out who and were you are and maybe we can get a meeting arranged. :D

I usually work 'til 6 or so on weekdays, and I work another job on occasional Sundays.

The best time for me to meet would probably be a Saturday or an occasional Sunday, unless people want to meet after 7 or 8pm on a weeknight.

I don't know what would be a good place to meet. Usually coffee houses or bakeries don't have much table space and they can be noisy. But I guess they would be better than nothing.

I live in Mountain View.

kingvidiot83@yahoo.com