Hash, Inc. Forums

London User Group

Parlo

It might be an opportune time to rename ourselves the 'British Animation:Masters’ BA:M. I agree we should then relaunch with a message in the main forum.

The chocolate factory always sounds good to me, but I ain't too fussed where it's held :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me to. I'll be speaking to David at the CF tomorrow so I'll just reconfirm his open offer - there shouldn't be a problem at all but best to be sure.

Has anyone got a prefered date? Saturday 29th January is looking good to me.

Garry? Whose Garry? I am Gary ;)

OK, less of the smart-arsing around. I have a mouse, a latpop and I know how the sound works this time, but whether I can make the 29th I don't know yet so I will say a provisional… wait for it!

YES!

I have lots of things I'd like to discuss with you lovely lot, as I am sure you have with the rest of us. So hopefully I will see you all there with the 'Incredible Laptop'. We just need to firm up on times and venues.

;)

Just to keep everyone up to date... I phoned David at the begining of the week but he's out of the country until sometime next week, I'll speak to him then to confirm the availability of a room. Also, I think I can lay my hands on a video projector - so we can aim that at a wall and sit comfortably infront of it. There is a projector at the venue but I think that it's currently a perminant part of the set in the theatre. This other one is one of those tiny portable ones, perfect for our needs.

I'll post again as soon as I've heard from David.

I finally got hold of David (apologies that it took so long, but anyone who's ever played the "Trying to get hold of a producer on the phone game" will know how hard this can be :blink: ) and unfortunately next weekend is the worst one I could have picked. He's got a show in previews, and another West End show is rehearsing there that has a large cast and needs all the rooms. So, anyone have any other ideas? I'm starting work with him on a project in February so will be able to wrangle a room more easily then, but for the timebeing.... are there any viable alternatives?

If people are willing to pay a joint rent of £30 an hour (if 6 of us go that would be £5 per hour each) for a small cinema, we can go to South Hill Park and I think it's available during the morning and afternoon on Saturday (I'd have to check, of course).

I have no problem waiting for a February date at the Choccy Factory. I like free venues ;)

Steve.

Ah, just had a look at the films to be shown on Saturday at South Hill Park and they've got one starting at 5:00pm so I guess we'd have to wrap up in the cinema by about 4:00pm - 4:30pm. Hearing about how things progressed last time, I'm not too sure whether that would work or not.

Any thoughts?

Steve.

Well at £5/hour each that don't sound alot but if you were to spend 3-4 hours there that would be £15-20 each - ouch! :blink:

If Parlo was to get the room in February that's only a couple of weeks away and I would have so much more stuff to show everyone :D

What say you lot?

Feb is F.A.B.!

John, good luck with the gig. Eel Pie Island is a special place for me because, as well as being the early stomping ground of bands like The Stones, The Who, Rod Stewart and the Yardbirds, it is also where my mum and dad first met. The old Eel Pie Hotel used to be a hopping venue for Big Band/Swing bands in the 40's, jazz bands in the 50's and many of the successful bands from the sixties. They demolished the hotel in 1971 and I think the residents were glad of the peace and quiet. I am interested to know where you will be playing for as far as I know there are no venues left there. The boathouse which was used by a group of artists, and had occassional parties, burned down a few years ago and the local residents have been going up market since. A couple of well known people who live there are Trevor Bayliss, inventor of the wind-up radio and Nigel Planer, (Neil in the Young Ones). Pete Townsend lives just opposite.

I may pop over for the atmosphere. :)

Anyway. Any weekend is good for me regarding a BA:M! session.

Hi Paul,

Here is a map.

Map here

It looks like the place is a boat club now. Aparently we will be on the island in the middle of the river. It starts in the evening sometime. Apparently it is going to be a kind of festival. It would be great to see you there. The atmosphere shuold be good. They are trying to get it back to the seventees feel so it should be right up your street.

I hope we get this sorted fairly soon. It will be nice to meet up with you all.

We are on for next Saturday!

2pm till as late as we like (as long as we are out by midnight :blink: )

Sorry for the slightly scatterbrained organising - it's been a case of working on other stuff with David and then sucker punching him with "oh, can we have that room again?"

:)