Hash, Inc. Forums

Mid-Atlantic A:M Users Group meeting

entity

Thanks Mech.

You pointed me in the right direction.... Are you near philly? (MechADELPHIA)? We welcome new group members... next meeting I believe everyone is still deciding on the date-- one of the last two saturdays in August? You game?

1st meeting attendees:

Vern Zehr

John Hubickey

Chris Hover

Don Davis

Rich Jackson

possible attendees:

Ed Lynch

"omoanime"

Zach Brewster-Geisz

Mack Chapelle

Rodney Baker-(if he ever comes to town)

Sorry,

I wasn't paying attention, Rich.

This is the place to do it I guess. For our next meeting we seem to be leading towards the 21st but I still need a bit more time to be sure.

Figure we can make an official announcement some time in July, if thats OK.

I wonder if we could get an accounting of the user groups that exist in the US. I think it would be useful for everyone to know if they have a local UG. Maybe a post to the main AM list and ask them to reply to this list. (just a thought)

BTW the pictures on your web site are great, as are the ones you showed me after the meeting. I don't know how much of your story you want to let out but various poses of your characters with a little bio information would be a cool thing to post on the web. What would really be cool is putting that on the web and then showing how the character building and animation aspect of the story is coming along. Like "the making of" in reverse. I know that such an undertaking would mean that you would have a lot of time on your hands(hahahaha). Maybe if John decides to make us our own website it could part of that.

I may try my hand at modeling some of the ships you have on your web site. That is, of course, if you don't mind.

Don

Hi Rich,

I certainly am from Philadelphia (born and raised)! :D

As for my forum name:

I just happen to love the some of the various mecha designs seen in Japanese animation and I also find a lot to love about Philadelphia.

Anyway...

Unfortunately, I am not near Philly right now because I am out of the country at the moment.

Coincidently, I am due back in mid-August.

If I am in town when you all meet then count me in for sure.

I've been waiting for an oppurtunity like this.:)

I'll keep you posted though on whether or not I'll be able to attend as the meeting date draws closer.

Thanks and I hope to see you all August (or whichever date is agreed on).

Sorry,

I wasn't paying attention, Rich.

This is a *new* part of the forum, so you didn't miss anything...

Figure we can make an official announcement some time in July, if thats OK.

I wonder if we could get an accounting of the user groups that exist in the US. I think it would be useful for everyone to know if they have a local UG. Maybe a post to the main AM list and ask them to reply to this list. (just a thought)

This part of the forum goes to the list also:

BTW the pictures on your web site are great, as are the ones you showed me after the meeting. I don't know how much of your story you want to let out but various poses of your characters with a little bio information would be a cool thing to post on the web. What would really be cool is putting that on the web and then showing how the character building and animation aspect of the story is coming along. Like "the making of" in reverse. I know that such an undertaking would mean that you would have a lot of time on your hands(hahahaha). Maybe if John decides to make us our own website it could part of that.
Time??? What's that??

I may try my hand at modeling some of the ships you have on your web site. That is, of course, if you don't mind.

Why do you think I sent you guys all that info??-- feel free to model anything you want from my drawings! But If I like the model can I use it also? We can share the use of the things we create along that line? Unless you have other plans for the models. I don't mind anyone using my models or drawings... it doesn't infringe on what I'm doing.

Mechadelphia:

If I am in town when you all meet then count me in for sure.

I've been waiting for an oppurtunity like this.

We have all been waiting for this! It's the greatest thrill...

Thanks and I hope to see you all August (or whichever date is agreed on).

It seems like it's going to be the 21st of August... lets see what happens. B)

Hi All,

Although i am the slowest one to post information, finally i am putting something in here to say hi! I have been working on a page (within my own site) for the Mid-Atlantic Animation Master Usergroup. You can find the link here. http://www.hubukai.com/AnimationMaster.asp

I may break this out to its own web site eventually. I posted my version of the MAAMUG first meeting which was a lot of fun.

John H

I signed up!! Great play-by-play... very well written, I finished the tut but I didn't write html. I made a textfile with the text there and added in a line for the placement of the jpgs. Other than that, I hate writing html! PLease help me... John I sent you a zip file with all the info inside-- could you put it together?