Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My v11 hair test

Started working on a new slider model that has hair poses. You'll be able to change color, length and slide to different hair styles. It's still in the early stages, but I thought I'd show you to see what you think. I plan on adding a slider for a ponytail too. I used Jane from the cd for my test subject. Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting, hair look frizzy there at the end

Yes it is frizzy. That was all done with pose sliders. This model is designed to copy and paste into another model that you want to have hair. I added the slider for the kinkyness. length and color, planning to add more, still working on the hair poses, so you can have different hair styles. This model uses one hair material, so if you have a couple of characters with the hair implant, you change all the settings with the sliders without effecting the base hair material and the other models. Its alot easier to adjust the settings with a slider than trying to change it in the PWS. The hair poses are the toughest thing to do.

Is it possible to make that with an hairimage?

I like to make leaves which will go through spring, sommer... etc. ???

*Fuchur*

Check out this thread.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5635

You can download the project file here to use with the treez plug-in.

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/treeswithleaves.htm

Ok, here is a test for the length of the hair. I created 2 sliders for adjusting it. If you notice in the hair material there are 2 settings for length. One is for the measurement the other is for percentage. both models have the same hair pose. I adjusted the sliders to keep the same hair length as it grows. One scaling the measurement the other scaling the percentage, giving you two different results. The easiest way to explain it is one scales the hair guide the other scales the hair along the hair guide, like a path. By doing this it gives you more variation for one hair pose. And creating multiple poses you can generate alot of variation. When I'm done with this model you can add it to a character and change the hair style with a couple of slider moves. Add it to a couple of models and you can change the hair differently for each model. With the pose slider window open, all you have to do is click on your model and change the slider without opening everything in the PWS. Heres the result.