Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mysteryman

Can ye guess who it is yet...."Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport...." :lol: Thanks to Colin Freeman for his great face tutorial.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to adjust the colour of a "Printscreen" grab. I mean so it grabs the right colour.

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to compliment your face model, it looks great so far even if it is only the nose and eyes lol. About the screen grab...I always use it for photophop and it usually grabs the right colors for me, and I havent really had to deal with that so I'm not that sure... Sorry I couldnt help, but keep up the great work! :)

Here you go:

http://www.colins-loft.net/tutorials.html

Some advice on modelling....use as few splines as you can to get the shape. You can always add more later. Also, make use of the multiple cp manipulation tools like magnet and cage tools as this will keep more continuity and smoothness. Good luck!

Nice detail on the eyelids.

You have a hook in the upper lip -- that could give you some problems with animation. I found it was worth it, to continue the hooked spline into the inner mouth and hook it there. That way no one sees it, and you have that much more control over the mouth's shape.

Also, I think I see a 5-pointer on the corner of his lip... That could give you problems. But I see you've put it there to make the crease in his cheek from the nose to the lip, so I'm guessing you know more about this whole deal than I do. ;)

Keep it up! He's got character already. =)

Thanks! I adjusted that hook. Alas I can't take credit for the design. Don't you know who it is yet? :D I'm doing him by eye, so that might explain it.....here's a more complete picture that should illuminate him.

ger.jpg

KEN !!!!

Very nice character ... i love him ... as said Rodney he remember Geri ....

keep the good job in textures and we´ll have a GREAT CHARACTER ....

...and ARCTIC PIGS ROCKS !!!!!!

Xtaz

Thanks for the comments guys! :) I intend to animate him and I'm only going to concentrate on his face. So, modeling wise, this is as far as he'll go.

Here he is with hair....it's a shame AP doesn't support it....yet. Anyone know the secret to keeping the hair from poking through the ears? Just shorten it or will collision detection look after it?

Btan.jpg

Looks great Ken. Try playing with the hair guides a little to see if you can get rid of the hair through the ear. I haven't had to much luck with hair collision. The eyebrows look great, maybe thinning the hair on his head the same, it looks a little thick. Great character! Keep it up

He looks good with some texture on him. I see you added kinkiness to his hair. A little less may look better, IMO. I liked his hair better a little longer, too. He reminds me of a cartoon version of Captain Picard from Star Trek the Next Generation. Keep it up.

Looks great. What about a couple of liver spots on the bald area of his head?

How about something goofy like a mobile facial mole with a long hair. Everytime he looks in a mirror the mole has changed it's position.

Jeff Lee(A.K.A. Godfry) had some really nice dentures he was giving away about a month back. If you didn't download them then, a search might reveil Jeff's original thread. Search for teeth.

Frank: Yes I'm considering it :)

Bernd: No, no zbrush in this one. I wanted to test the posibilities just using AM. Modeling in AM might be abit slower, but it's quite thereputic :D.....although I do miss the 3D painting aspect of Z2.

(Image stored for a thread in the AM secton)

extrude.jpg

Edited by KenH

I have him moving! :) I'll post a short animation of him shortly. I rigged his face using constrained bones and weights. So when I move the corner of his mouth, the rest of the mouth goes with it and his joules move pushing up his cheeks. All automated! AM rocks! :D

I'm not too happy with the look of the hair though....it needs more shadow within it. And an animation will have to be half this size as this frame took 5 minutes to render!

Oh! And thanks go to Jeff for the teeth!

Mystery.jpg

Edited by KenH

• Admin

Ken,

I've missed the updates on your post... the hazards of logging out and losing the current posting/unread posts list I guess.

Awesome work you've done there!!!

Looks just like him too!

Any chance you could do a shot of him with the spaceguy used in A:M... what was his real name... Buzzy Flyer? Blit Lightwave? :lol: *hint*hint*

*And I won the gold star!!! I never win anything!!! WOOO HOOO!

You mean when the brows go back?.....yeah I over-extended them to show the movement. But in truth, I could probably reduce the brow bone weighting on the back cps abit. :)