Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"Marboxian"

My first festival short, "Marboxian," is now up on A:M Films. [Link] Parts of it are downright painful for me to watch now, but it's had a good run this year. Now I just need to finish up "Council of Mice" in a month. Yeek. Which reminds me, I have a call to make...

Hope y'all like it-

-M@

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. :o (jaw drops). I'm still in shock. That was great! Awesome! Superb! everything flowed smoothly together and everything. Wow.

So how long did that take you? It's obviuos that you put tons of effort into it. Also, the A:M film page said it was award winning. What award did you win? and (last but not least) what did you do to get those statues to melt? (the ones that are after he gets off the train). I'm going to be doing a project with a character that melts, so it would be great to figure out how to do that.

All in all, great work! :D

Fantastic!

The bleached environment was perfect for the mood of the piece, and dare I say somewhat of a time saver ;)

I shall look forward to your new short, "Council of Mice" with keen interest.

Wow. :o (jaw drops). I'm still in shock. That was great! Awesome! Superb! everything flowed smoothly together and everything. Wow.

So how long did that take you? It's obviuos that you put tons of effort into it. Also, the A:M film page said it was award winning. What award did you win? and (last but not least) what did you do to get those statues to melt? (the ones that are after he gets off the train). I'm going to be doing a project with a character that melts, so it would be great to figure out how to do that.

All in all, great work! :D

Thanks for the kudos everyone. Actually, the best accolade so far was being told that it once kept a roomful of very sleepy children attentive for 12 minutes. The melting statues were just done with a three-frame muscle animation, if I remember correctly. I keep meaning to put together a quick tute on 2d warping and morphing in A:M -- this really was done with just A:M 8.5, Photoshop and Premier, on a G3 iMac. (Hence the blown-out backgrounds, as an eagle-eyed observer commented ;) -- but that wasn't the only reason for the white empty space.) The whole thing took about a year of my spare time, going to school and working a part time job for a few months. The official Marboxian home page is here.

Right now, I'm hurrying to finish "Council of Mice" for the Woods Hole Film Festival at the end of July, which is where I premiered "Marboxian" last year. I'd like to keep some local buzz going. Then we'll probably see about producing a series of short live action films with Boston writers/directors/talent, but that's... *whistles* way over the horizon right now-

-M@

Hi Mattheu :

You are insane !!!! and ...

...and congratulations for your insanity..... :)

Marboxian is like a dream to me....

good luck ...

Xtaz

• 2 weeks later...