Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Uber~hero

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Hero look to him. Didn't really notice the absence of ears (till you mentioned it). Just need to make a semicircle ridge under the sides of the mask to maybe subtly indicate that he didn't lose his ears in some brawl. :D

Is there just a head model or is there a bulky, muscular body to go below? Since you're talking about rigging, is there an adventure animation in development?

Keep it coming.

-as far as modeling completion, I may just finish as far the shoulders and clavs

-as far as an adventure, I wanted to experiment with facial rig, just an exercise...for now.

-for the ears, I tried a slight bump before, but to get the splinage to cooperate, it just wan't happening. I thought the covers would be easier and less time consuming. I also thought of just having his ears jet out.

-the glowing may stay, he actually has irises and pupils, but the way I designed the eye is one sphere, with the forward most section's normals inverted so the geom won't show in real time, but they show duing rendering. I just set his whole eye to glow for the time being.

His iris is placed within that first section. I still have to set the transparency though. There is a way to animate the change in glow (off/on) in v8.5, I just have to perfect it by using the correct grouping.

post-7-1085948373.jpg

the way you laid the splines out in there area that would cover the ear, corner of the mask could be laid out better, as there are enough connection points to make the splines flow more smoothly.

But, the overall build is fantastic. I like it alot. You handle the face really well and looks like you used the bare minimum amount of splines to get the job done.

Nice!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Thanks everyone for the kind crits.

I made an ear last night and attached it this morning. I moved the corner

edge of his mask and jaw forward a little to make room, but I still need to

correct some things. I also had to revert back to the old eye setup due to

some invisibility problems around the edge of the iris.

post-7-1086026396.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Admin
I wanted to do some stuff on the MAC before I pack up and head to CalArts.

What!!! Why you lucky dog you!

Please be sure to keep us posted on your progress. You are already uber-talented so we expect to hear great things from you.

Take care and best of luck at CalArts,

Rodney